Sennheiser HD598
Jun 8, 2011 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ruds

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have just bought a set of 598's, I've got about 3hrs on them so far and quite like them. I am using iTunes lossless files played directly from my 2010 MacBook Pro. I know there is a lot of room for improvement here, but I'm new to computer audio and have no idea what I'm looking for!

I don't have a huge budget and I don't mind buying 2nd hand if I can find it.

Rather than setting a budget could recommendations be online with the quality of what I already have?

Kindest,

Ruds

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm sorry but I can't be much more help than say that source is the most important piece of equipment when concerning sensitive headphones like the HD598. The difference between my computer and portable DACs to my Anedio D1 is a HUGE one. The price difference is also huge though. Unfortunately, I never tried any other DACs other than the Anedio D1 and my portable ones, but I am sure there are exceptional DACs from mid-tier levels and up. However, lower-tier DACs like my portable DACs do little to nothing to improve the sound except remove computer noises.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 3
You could look into a fiio e7. It runs about 99 USD and it serves as a portable amp and DAC via USB. For the money it's not bad at all. you also gain the option of getting an e9 which is the e7's best bud. But you don't necessarily need a ton of power to support the HD598's. You might find an improvement, but if you enjoy the sound as it is now it's all up to you. Tis subjective ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back