Sennheiser HD595
Oct 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BeepBoopBop

New Head-Fier
I am completely new to headphones, I got an ipod touch a few months ago and the default earbuds are the only device I have ever used so far.

I want to get some over-ear headphones, and this product seems good for a budget under $200. I read a few things on this site about it, and I am not sure if these require an amplifier to get good quality sound. I was going to listen right off my ipod touch or my netbook.

I am a bit overwhelmed right now, I never knew there was so much to headphones until I came across this forum. But if it will sound bad without an amp, what should be my alternative choice? I listen to all kinds of music, metal and electronic being the top two.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 2
First, I'd save your money and get the HD555s if you go that route. There's a simple 10-minute mod that turns them into HD595s.

However, my HD555s sound thin and lifeless out of my iPod Touch, but they sound great out of my sound card (Xonar DX). So, if you don't want an amp, I'd look for something else. The Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones are pretty popular now, and they sound good out of the iPod Touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back