Sennheiser HD595 vs Bose QC15
Dec 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

simon154

New Head-Fier
I currently have both, and need to return one.

Noise cancellation is not a feature I am interested.

In terms of audio quality, which headphone do you believe is better.  I keep switching between both and they sound very similar.

I listen to mostly Jazz, Country, and Alternative.  All my music is MP3 320 with no Amp, just out of my Macbook Pro.

Please let me know which one you believe produces better sound.  As of now, I am leaning towards the HD595s because they are half the price.

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I mean, only you can judge for you.  To me the 595s do indeed sound better though I don't own either headphone (I have used my friends 595 and my fathers QC15, I have not a-bed them).  But I think you answered your own question... don't need noise canceling and the other was half the price and to you they sound the same.

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 5
The 595s crush the QC15s in my opinion. Specifically, the imaging, clarity in the mids, and comfort make the Bose cans look silly--especially when amped.

I just don't hear $300 dollars in the QC15--I mean, it's your call, I just think there's a clear winner...

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 5
You're asking for our opinions even though YOU have both? You should know how Head-fi isn't as reliable as your own ears.

But I did create a thread on how QC15's noise cancelling was so amazing. It's sound quality was terrible though. Zero treble resolution. I could not play a single jazz vocal track on it without hearing distortion in the treble.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 5
If you think they sound similar, don't need isolation and are willing to stand by each of those things, it makes so much sense to return the more expensive (the Bose.) Even if you notice just a slight difference in favor of the Bose, ask yourself if it's a $150 difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back