Sennheiser HD565 appreciation and service thread
Mar 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #46 of 154
Hello friendly people of Head-Fi,

I'd like to revive my HD 565s and I'm looking for a driver, since one of them seems badly disfigured. I contacted http://www.custom-cable.co.uk, but they told me no available ear capsule (with a driver) has the same driver type to use it to renew. Do you have any suggestions and availability tips? Will a new driver sonically match the old one in terms of pairing?

Thanks in advance,
Antoni.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #47 of 154
Tyll has measured a pair I sent to him.

The pads were old and deflated and I'm not sure if he had the opportunity to measure them with fresh pads. The bass looks a bit weaker than what it sounds like, which may be because of the old pads. As a comparison, the HD565 has a little bit more "bite" than the HD600. The former gets more of my headtime than the latter.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #48 of 154
Hi

My elderly HD565s have suffered a terrible accident which has broken the headband. I have searched to try to find a replacement with no joy. The drivers are in great condition and I don't want to get rid of them. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or whether it is possible to use the headband from another model (eg HD600 which are still available)?

Regards

Quentin

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #49 of 154
If you could wait a week i could try a HD600 Headband with the HD565.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #52 of 154
Hi,

I can't post a picture but one of the mounts for the ear units has broken in two places (at the metal joint where the band meets the C-shaped mount which holds the driver unit and the arm of the C-shaped mount itself). I have tried various fixes but with no success. The driver units are fine. Current plan is either to get a replacement headband or to buy a second-hand set of HD565s and cannibalise a good pair from that.

Regards

Quentin

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #53 of 154
Thanks Superdux - that would be great to know. 

Quentin
hi, the hd600 headband fits.just if you want to pivot the cup in the upper half outward, which I don't see a reason to do, then the cup gets halted by the cup holders. So it fits.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #55 of 154
Hey HD565 lovers,
I am doing some research on the closed back version of this headphone, the HD 265. It looks pretty much exactly like the HD565 (probably uses the same drivers as well) except it is closed.

I am interested in these because I want a closed back alternative to the HD650. I know they are old, but if they do have similar drivers as the 580/600, it may be my best bet. Has anyone heard or owned the HD 265?

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #56 of 154
Hey HD565 lovers,
I am doing some research on the closed back version of this headphone, the HD 265. It looks pretty much exactly like the HD565 (probably uses the same drivers as well) except it is closed.

I am interested in these because I want a closed back alternative to the HD650. I know they are old, but if they do have similar drivers as the 580/600, it may be my best bet. Has anyone heard or owned the HD 265?

I have had this (along with the hd565, hd545, hd535, hd525, hd580, and hd600). These sound very different probably due to the closed design. They were easier to driver, had very nice bass but nice range extending into the treble. Actually one of the best closed back headphones I have owned, and easily the best Sennheiser closed headphone i have heard. I regret selling mine and still hope to find another at a good price!

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #57 of 154
I have had this (along with the hd565, hd545, hd535, hd525, hd580, and hd600). These sound very different probably due to the closed design. They were easier to driver, had very nice bass but nice range extending into the treble. Actually one of the best closed back headphones I have owned, and easily the best Sennheiser closed headphone i have heard. I regret selling mine and still hope to find another at a good price!

Thanks for the info!
Well, i wonder how they compare to the Momentum over ear, I would choose between that and the HD265.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #59 of 154
i've owned the 560 model since the early 90s, and while they are my preferred set of cans for general music listening, they lack a certain transparency needed for remastering work, for which i use the HD580s. but no other headphones let me listen for hours without "ear burn" or sore ears, they are the most comfy headphones ever made IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back