Sennheiser HD555 adaptor bends too easily, HELP
Sep 11, 2011 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

projectfreq91

New Head-Fier
So I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD555s, and I love them...mostly. The sound and comfort are great (especially considering the price), but I'm having real issues with the 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adaptor. 

The stock adaptor is gold and bends really easily; since I almost exclusively use these headphones with my Macbook Pro, this is a problem. Within weeks the adaptor was bent and I would lose sound in one ear. I bought a stainless steel adaptor to try and remedy the problem, but even that is bending and causing me to lose sound.

It's gotten to the point that if I find the headphones's sweet spot where I don't lose sound, if I move my chair so much as a foot, I lose sound. Sometimes the slightest motion will cause my Macbook to play music through the speaker, as my headphones weren't plugged in at all.

Are there any bend-proof adaptors out there? Or are there alternate solutions? Or am I just a clumsy oaf who's going to need to keep replacing adaptors till I upgrade my headphones? 
Or are there any native 1/8" headphones with similar sound quality?

Thanks!

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Sep 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 4
I got the suggested adaptor. I don't have problems with it bending (yet)...but it doesn't fit snugly in my Macbook Pro's headphone jack. It's not nearly as much of a problem as the barrel adaptor, but still annoying...any ideas?

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I got the suggested adaptor. I don't have problems with it bending (yet)...but it doesn't fit snugly in my Macbook Pro's headphone jack. It's not nearly as much of a problem as the barrel adaptor, but still annoying...any ideas?

Custom 1/4 adapter to 1/8 and pick your own 1/8 to it fits sleekly to your i device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back