Sennheiser HD429S vs Skullcandy crushers
Nov 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

1337r0x

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So I'm confused about Sennheiser HD429S vs Sennheiser HD215 vs Skullcandy crushers . Now before everyone gets mad because I'm comparing the quality to the fashion : I want to say that I feel the crushers are an exception . I usually listen to vocal dubstep / dubstep / trance / techno / vocal trance&  techno and some Romanian pop music "which are very close to vocal trance or techno" . I really love the bass that comes along with my favorite taste of music. I find the crushers the ideal choice for bass response "because they produce real vibrates not only fake bass" but I have some concerns about sq . Some people say it's you who decides the sq because the crushers has a bass level control and of course overwhelming in bass level will damage the sq . On the other hand I'm not sure about the bass performance in Sennheiser HD429S & Sennheiser HD215 but for sure they easily beat the crushers in sq. I currently prefer the crushers , but I'm afraid that their sq will be very ****ty compared to the Sennheisers . I'm seeking for someone who tried the crushers to tell me if they really sound like $5 headphones or worth it ?

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 6
I've tried the Crushers, albeit briefly. They sound relatively similar to the Beats Solo/Pro, i.e. uncontrolled bass, congested, muddy, and heavily rolled off treble. The vibration feature was incredibly uncomfortable, it felt like my jawbone was vibrating (which it probably was). If all you're looking for is bass quantity, the Crushers might work. However, if you want bass quality, or anything else out of your headphones for that matter, I'd advise you to stay far away from the Crushers.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Hello,

Thanks all for responding . I've decided to buy the Sennheiser . But I'm not sure I should either get Sennheiser HD429S or Sennheiser HD215 ? The HD 215 is costs more than the HD429s with about $30 , what are the differences between those 2 models ?

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 6
  I've tried the Crushers, albeit briefly. They sound relatively similar to the Beats Solo/Pro, i.e. uncontrolled bass, congested, muddy, and heavily rolled off treble. The vibration feature was incredibly uncomfortable, it felt like my jawbone was vibrating (which it probably was). If all you're looking for is bass quantity, the Crushers might work. However, if you want bass quality, or anything else out of your headphones for that matter, I'd advise you to stay far away from the Crushers.

Hello,

Is the sq extremely bad like $5 headphone ? or it was medicore .. Because I'm an audiophile so the sound you might find medicore I'll find it good .

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 6
  Hello,

Is the sq extremely bad like $5 headphone ? or it was medicore .. Because I'm an audiophile so the sound you might find medicore I'll find it good .

It wasn't like a 5$ headphone, it was simply mediocre. It had lots of bass, and if that's the only thing you're looking for, then by all means get the Crushers. I didn't quite get what you mean by the audiophile line.

The M50 is currently on sale for within ±2$ of the Crushers, and those will absolutely blow away the Crushers for EDM/Techno.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386019849&sr=1-1&keywords=audio+technica+ath-m50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back