Sennheiser HD280 pro Giveaway!
Feb 28, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #62 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm in western MA too so we could meet up over a beer. I'd give you a CD or two and pay for the beer. How's that sound?

And if not, in any case, I'd love to hear the 280s. I'm getting kind of sick of my Ultrasone 650.

Very tempting offer. Sadly, I'm just a mite shy of legal drinking age, and would feel quite shmuckly watching you enjoy a cold, frosty beer. I have always wanted to hear an Ultrasone, however...perhaps...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleisgreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In english class today, as we read Thomas Swifts "Shooting the Lone Ranger" I was thinking about what I would call the nationality of the writer (He was Native Indian). Would I call him Native, Indian, or Native Indian? It reminded me of when I was ten years old, I was biking around the city with two of my friends, and one of them said he had a girlfriend. It was cool, so we ended up biking to her house. She lived in a east Indian neighborhood, and had a very typical easy Indian house (It seems in Vancouver that all the east Indian neighborhoods have the same type of house). She wasn't home, but in my head, because of the house, I pictured her as east Indian. But at the time, I thought Indian, because they were from India. This caused a conflict in my head, because how could I differentiate Native Indian from East Indian ( as I child I didn't really associate East and Native with Indian, so in my mind they were both just Indian). This conflict in my head was never really solved, and even today I don't feel comfortable calling either of them East Indian or Native Indian.

<joke>I just like to call them 'The Scourge'.</joke>

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a faux fart moment today
frown.gif
as i was waiting with 3 strangers for our psychology research session to begin, i shifted my weight in my very uncomfortable pleather chair and it made a convincing fart noise....i couldnt' just outright explain that i didn't just pass gas so i tried to shift my weight in a very obvious manner as to show them that the chair was to blame...naturally the chair wouldnt' make the same sound again to save my dignity and i spent the rest of the wait time (10 min) shifting...i hate faux farts
mad.gif

winning free cans would make me feel much better

You should have mentioned it to the strangers, there's some good psychology there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me out, just wanted to say this thread has some really awesome replies
biggrin.gif

Random selection. Psh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There once was a company called Bose,
who wooed all the land with their prose.
Their slogans were sappy;
their products were crappy.
And everybody got hosed.

Ah, a Bose-bashing lim'rick. Very nice.

I would also like to commend SpacemanSpiff for admitting About a Boy is one of his favorite movies. You didn't hear it from me, but that movie is great, you know, for a chick flick...really, very laudatory. And Serenity...of course.

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #63 of 125
It is like a virus outbreak. Plenty here are getting it and passing it on to others. Where will it all end I wonder. Surely not in tears.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #69 of 125
Pick me pick me!
cool.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #70 of 125
Did I mention that I want these for my church? We're not exactly flush with cash, and we could really use a good pair of monitoring headphones in the A/V room.

Really.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #71 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very tempting offer. Sadly, I'm just a mite shy of legal drinking age, and would feel quite shmuckly watching you enjoy a cold, frosty beer. I have always wanted to hear an Ultrasone, however...perhaps...

Well, we wouldn't have to meet at a bar, of course.
wink.gif
Where are you in western MA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back