Sennheiser Hd25 Ba Concorde
Oct 13, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 15
I used my H120 to drive them, and with a little bit of EQ I loved them. Equal to the 81DJ for sure. They are tougher to drive for sure, but if its as powerful as any of the older discmen that I have (D121, 131, 141) then it won't have a problem)

Oct 13, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 15
While they are 300 ohms, because of their supra-size, my Ipod ran them at aprox. 75% on the volume bar. They do sound better than SP, but are clearly different than HD25-1. A very good selection at their price point.

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #6 of 15
I just received them and while they sound very good from my stereo, they aren't loud enough for my pcdp
frown.gif

I really don't feel like carrying an amp with me all the time, which other similar headphones should I consider to match the player headphone output (10mw at 16ohms) I've tried the px100 and I wasn't impressed, I don't like the look of the k81dj and comfort is an issue so I'm not sure about the sr60 either
plus I'd really like some closed or noise blocking earphones... I think my last resort would probably be some inner-earphones but I don't wanna spend much more than a 100$
please help!

Oct 19, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 15
Just trade your BA's for some SP's on the for sale forum. I'm sure somebody would bite for the rarer and perhaps superior headphone, and in exchange you get something your PCDP can drive. You might even get them to throw in a little cash for the trade, who knows.

Oct 19, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Just trade your BA's for some SP's on the for sale forum. I'm sure somebody would bite for the rarer and perhaps superior headphone, and in exchange you get something your PCDP can drive. You might even get them to throw in a little cash for the trade, who knows.

Don't get the SPs- get the HD25-1s. A much better sounding phone by most reports (my 25-1s are my new favorite portable phone, but I haven't heard the SPs or I'd give you my opinion).

Oct 19, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Don't get the SPs- get the HD25-1s. A much better sounding phone by most reports (my 25-1s are my new favorite portable phone, but I haven't heard the SPs or I'd give you my opinion).

Thd 25-1 is evidently better than the sp, but it's also out of the OP's price range. I don't know whether they're as easy to drive, either. And nobody's going to trade those for a 25-BA

Oct 19, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

good idea thanks
they actually sound better when I plug them directly into the line-out, but still not loud enough though

Oct 19, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Thd 25-1 is evidently better than the sp, but it's also out of the OP's price range. I don't know whether they're as easy to drive, either. And nobody's going to trade those for a 25-BA

I didn't see a stated price range, but good point. If $150 is too much, don't look at the 25-1s.

Also, the 25-1s are one of easiest phones to drive I've owned, even easier than my PortaPros.

Oct 20, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #12 of 15
I'm actually thinking about saving up money to buy some er-4 now (damn this community!
biggrin.gif
) what do you guys think would be more suited for my cd-player, the er-4s or the er-4p? I've read that the er-4s really don't need an amp to be driven so I'm confused...

Oct 25, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle
http://www.penguinamp.com/index.php?...4432002dad4776
should I just buy one of these instead of selling them
confused.gif

how long does the battery last in the amp?

Yes, a portable amp would do the trick for sure, if you're willing to carry one around with you. If you check the amp forum, you'll see quickly that there are a few favorites in the cheap portable category, currently the Go-Vibe V5, Xenos OHA, and the Little Dot Micro+. If you just want a simple and affordable solution, the LDM+ is probably the best, with it's metal housing and 150 hour rechargeable battery. For sound quality, the other two battle it out (I went for a Go-Vibe V5, and am very happy with it), but they do cost a bit more and take more battery effort.

Oct 25, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #15 of 15
^thanks for the info! carrying a pcdp doesn't bother me so I might as well try the cans with an amp instead of selling them, besides I'm not confident inner earphones at that price range will sound as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back