Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Aug 27, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #4,771 of 6,730

Nobody said they are...is like you have some women that you marry some other that you love some you marry and you love and some that they destroy you but there is a reason for that ....

At the end you can compare the amount of pleasure you can get although different animals and signatures...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #4,772 of 6,730
Nobody said they are...is like you have some women that you marry some other that you love some you marry and you love and some that they destroy you but there is a reason for that ....

At the end you can compare the amount of pleasure you can get although different animals and signatures...
Or leave all that behind and just stick to headphones. : )

Aug 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #4,773 of 6,730
Aug 27, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #4,775 of 6,730
Haha I was talking about headphones but this analogy came to my mind for a headphone that sounds amazing and glorious but the drivers can leave you alone anytime...:)
You may get into trouble mixing women, pleasure and animals in the same post! :runner:

Aug 27, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #4,776 of 6,730
i actually do enjoy them. the 660s 2 is indeed a bit dark for some tracks. also loving the wide soundstage. but both are
excellent headphones, and i keep both
Could you give us a more detailed comparison of the two headphones?

Aug 27, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #4,778 of 6,730
Could you give us a more detailed comparison of the two headphones?
i am not good at that. of what i heard the 109 pro are more musical focused, and have a treble which takes some time getting using to, or some just don't like it. the s2 are darker headphones for sure darker also both are very different sounding

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #4,780 of 6,730
That's a tough one, they're quite different IMO. The S2 has a warmer, thicker midrange with an elevated mid bass like the HD650. But unlike the 650, the S2's mids are not as forward. They sound farther back to me and just a bit compressed (in direct comparison, not in general). The 30's mids are more forward, more neutral, and clearer. Despite being more neutral, they're not boring. For vocals I'd take the 30 more often that the S2. The S2 is more engaging for drums and bass instruments. Overall if I had to pick one outright over the other just for the midrange, i'd go with the 30 for it's added presence/forwardness and clarity. I love the S2's added heft and warmth, but at times vocals sound just a bit distant and it bugs me. Fleetwood Mac is a great band I just do not like on the S2 compared to the 30. Stevie Nicks' velvety smooth and sensual voice comes through almost erotically on the 30, but on the S2 it sounds somewhat constricted and distant. Again, I don't think the S2's mids are recessed in general. But in direct comparison they just don't fare as well. But if you love visceral drumming and percussion, the S2 excels with speed, power and weight. When listening to Metallica's Death Magnetic, I prefer it on the S2 to the 30. Reason being that album has really dynamic and emotive drumming by Lars, and they mixed the vocals pretty forward, which actually makes them sound just right on the less forward S2. And those powerful drums on the S2 are pure energy. That album really resonates on the S2 like Fleetwood does on the 30. So you'd have to think on what's most important in a midrange to you. Percussive energy and drive or emotive vocals? Hope my drivel helps.

Thank you for your detailed comparison. I love vocals, and my former HD600's have stuck around with me for 6 years because I love vocals. However I sold them off now, and the HD660S2 made me have a better appreciation for instrumentals.

Should I have that itch for vocals again I'll look not at the HD600's, but the NDH-30's. Thank you :)

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #4,781 of 6,730
Thank you for your detailed comparison. I love vocals, and my former HD600's have stuck around with me for 6 years because I love vocals. However I sold them off now, and the HD660S2 made me have a better appreciation for instrumentals.

Should I have that itch for vocals again I'll look not at the HD600's, but the NDH-30's. Thank you :)
NDH-30 are really that good?

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #4,782 of 6,730
Or leave all that behind and just stick to headphones. : )
… at least with headphones one can take them off / turn them off … 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣.

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #4,783 of 6,730
Sennheiser outlet uk . Just spotted they selling brand new 660s for £299.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #4,785 of 6,730
Spotted 660s on thormann for
(US $271)

Not sure if thormannmusic is legit though...
Could anyone confirm if they are legitimate sources to buy audio equipments
Thomann music is legitimate. I have purchased from them several times: ☑️.

Note the spelling: no ‘r’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back