Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Feb 7, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #571 of 6,513
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #572 of 6,513
I watched this. ...........
If you didn't catch it there's a printed version with a few more observations.
https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/hifi-reference-evolution-sennheiser-hd660s2-review

Don't know of Bloom Audio or the reviewer but the final word though......
"In the case of HD 660S2, the subtle tweaks to the tuning provide a clear improvement, and let the headphone take the crown as the best sounding and performing HD 600 series headphone Sennheiser has made to date."

Strong words and hopefully a winner but we will see en-masse if this observation holds true soon enough. : )

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #573 of 6,513
If you didn't catch it there's a printed version with a few more observations.
https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/hifi-reference-evolution-sennheiser-hd660s2-review

Don't know of Bloom Audio or the reviewer but the final word though......
"In the case of HD 660S2, the subtle tweaks to the tuning provide a clear improvement, and let the headphone take the crown as the best sounding and performing HD 600 series headphone Sennheiser has made to date."

Strong words and hopefully a winner but we will see en-masse if this observation holds true soon enough. : )
I 100% agree with the HD660S2 being the best performing, though sounding is subjective depending on the song.
Its' been a while since I owned a headphone that was a master at certain songs and average at others. The HD660S2 just so happens to be a master at more songs than it is average. Which is okay, I still have my HD600 on hand for those other songs.

I'm just happy I finally have the perfect headphone. A fully modular headphone that is suitable for 10+ year usage and doesn't sacrifice comfort like many headphones do for the sake of sound.
SR3’s treble is clearly smoother with less air, while HD 660S2 has a little more bite. SR3 is also somewhat wider than HD 660S2, giving a more spacious sound, but without the Sennheiser’s more tactile holographic feeling imaging.

And you know what, this bite is what a hi-hat is supposed to sound like. So many headphones just smooth out the bite area and either sound too sucked out, and if overdone it ends up sounding too metallic/crunchy.

Ahhh.... Sorry if I'm just gushing for the past few days. This is the most fun I've had in a headphone and it's the closest I've been to the hifi area lol.
I know there will be some people out there that buy this headphone and instantly sell it to someone else; but another man's trash is definitely in my case a treasure.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #574 of 6,513
I'm a little worried that this headphone will be bright sounding. Two impressions now saying some may find it fatiguing. Knowing my preferences I'm likely to be amongst those peeps. But I do need to hear it for myself

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #575 of 6,513
Lol..these marketing ads (I mean reviews) are really not doing Senn much favor with words like "if you’re just kicking back and relaxing to listen to some tunes, I’d grab the [cans that is not HD660S2] and "HD 660S2 has a little more bite"

This description reminds of this gem:

audiophile-dissapointed.gif

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #576 of 6,513
There's a review up from Bloom Audio:

I watched this and this is a total garbage useless review . I wonder why Sennheiser gave early HP to this reviewers .
No mention how they compare to Focal clear , Hifiman Arya , Sennheiser hd800s, Meze 109 pro . Since barely few people have the Ibasso this comparsion and review is pretty useless.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #577 of 6,513
I watched this and this is a total garbage useless review . I wonder why Sennheiser gave early HP to this reviewers .
No mention how they compare to Focal clear , Hifiman Arya , Sennheiser hd800s, Meze 109 pro . Since barely few people have the Ibasso this comparsion and review is pretty useless.
Bloom Audio is a Sennheiser dealer.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #578 of 6,513

I mean, Bloom is a licensed seller and the headphone isn't even out yet. Seems like pretty standard pre-sale selling and marketing. I think it's pretty accepted that it's not an actual "review".

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #579 of 6,513
Oh wow. I have been sleeping on this....

I am so excited for this release. :)

Sennhesier HD600 series will always have my heart. <3

I am listening to my HD600s on my M2 MacBook Air with the upgrade headphone socket... it sounds good....

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #585 of 6,513
I have own 900 Pro X and own 1990 Pro, the difference between them is like night and day, the 900 Pro X does not have the same high treble peak as 1990, it is actually easy to listen to and very all-round, a very good headphone for the money in my opinion.

Yes, I have booth too, 1990 Pro I use with PEACE but the 900 Pro X can be used just fine without EQ. Also, it is very easy to drive so can be used with a variety of devices. 1990 Pro has quite a bit higher resolution though, it's the superior tool, but the 900 Pro X is the easier to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back