Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #5,596 of 6,557
Obviously I was referring to the price with the exchange in mind. : )

Dollar wise though late 70s to early 80s was good too, then it dropped.......and my hobby got more expensive. : (
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 3.05.28 PM.png
Which, besides the amazing engineering AND WARRANTIES, makes Bryson gear all the more persuasive for you to own.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #5,597 of 6,557
thank you very much for taking the time to share pictures of torn inner foams that came with your pair!
No problem, good or maybe not :thinking: that I'm not alone...I thought it was odd when I 1st saw it having owned a number of Senn 600 series...

by the they've always had a pretty responsive and helpful customer services.
Yep...Sennheiser Canada have always been excellent with any issues I've had over the years.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #5,598 of 6,557
Which, besides the amazing engineering AND WARRANTIES, makes Bryson gear all the more persuasive for you to own.
Lol...(tracking me eh!) don't know if it's "amazing engineering AND WARRANTIES"...but their very robust build and honest approach to reproducing, amplifying an audio signal was the main point and.....being in driving distance (they have since moved) for repairs didn't hurt either. :sunglasses:

Just to add, I was inquiring just last Sunday morning on some capacitors in their headphone amp and the the CEO James Tanner got back within minutes. :thumbsup:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=bsrih27ds9qr4u6cebalsr1shj&topic=104028.1360

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #5,599 of 6,557
I am continually impressed by the 660S2, to the point where I'm reaching for it more than the Clear MG.

Not saying it's better than the Clear MG in technical performance, even though it gets very close. But I much prefer the overall tonality of the S2. The whole tonal balance is nearing perfection for my tastes, everything sounds natural and true to life on it.

As an all rounder for basically any genre out there, I honestly don't think I would take anything else, at least the headphones I've heard under $1k. Maybe I would take a Sundara or HE-500 for some bass-rich genres. But they don't have the near perfect timbre and tonality of the S2, or any of the HD600 series for that matter.

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #5,600 of 6,557
The Black with the Gold highlights of the HD660s2 and Elements 3 Mk2 really look sharp. They sound good together and look good together...lol.

Attachments

• 20231118_005446.jpg
    20231118_005446.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #5,601 of 6,557
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #5,605 of 6,557
In Europe lowest I have found was 500€.

It's normal. American brand, American produced, it''s normal that in Europe this product is always more expensive, and not by a little. Only 599€ now from Sennheiser.[insertyourEUcountry].

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #5,606 of 6,557
Where did you found it for 429€. I would buy it for that price.
Is out of stock currently. It was an offer in Greece 🇬🇷 in the summer where I used my credit card for 48 interest free payments just because I could ... βασικά το τερμάτισα...:)

I bought it on an impulse because i already bought 3 other great headphones this year with literally no time to listen at all and that was an offer that literally could not resist. I went to buy ink for my printer to this shop and bought this instead... but i am glad I did because is very special headphone and i would have not done otherwise given that i have all the other 6 series.

350$ brand new is an even better offer...This bundled with the HD600 and that's it really.

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #5,607 of 6,557
Is out of stock currently. It was an offer in Greece 🇬🇷 in the summer where I used my credit card for 48 interest free payments just because I could ... βασικά το τερμάτισα...:)

I bought it on an impulse because i already bought 3 other great headphones this year with literally no time to listen at all and that was an offer that literally could not resist. I went to buy ink for my printer to this shop and bought this instead... but i am glad I did because is very special headphone and i would have not done otherwise given that i have all the other 6 series.

350$ brand new is an even better offer...This bundled with the HD600 and that's it really.
Sooo... now you can't print but enjoy your music with other headphones :wink:

Nov 18, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #5,608 of 6,557
Haven’t had the chance to compare early 600’s to later ones sadly. I have heard both but not side by side. I do find my new production HD 650 to sound downright silky. The HD 660S2 doesn’t have that silkiness and is my main complaint about the S2 on my current system. I also find my 660S pairs better with my system than my HD 660S2, the S is just effortless and just disappears with long term listening, this is partly due to its complete lack of listening fatigue on the system. The HD 650 also doesn’t disappear either like the 660S does on my system. Whereas the S2 is more resolving, etc. but it will need a different system to truly shine. It just reacts differently to systems than the HD 660S and HD 650 so will need a different approach to bring out its best.

I do plan on getting more dacs and amps and this can create completely different results. I just managed to hit a rare sweet spot in terms of synergy with the HD 660S with my current system as I had with other headphones in the past with different systems. System synergy is a fickle beast.

*Also note I have very long listening sessions well in excess of 4+ hours at moderate low to moderate volume levels. When I say no fatigue I mean like 5+ hour listening sessions of no fatigue to add context.
Do you think that's because of the extra bass or treble making S2 less easy going than 660S?

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #5,609 of 6,557
When you sent this yesterday, I had already placed the ordered on Amazon, and I actually just received It today, also wanted to note you were correct the box is not sealed. Everything inside looks great, put on my sheepskin and back to my listening.
At $400 This headphone has great value for what you get, especially when compared to its other siblings in the 600 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back