Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Sep 22, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #4,981 of 6,844
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #4,982 of 6,844
I don't know how many of you have experienced or enjoyed swimming in the sea
I love swimming man in the Greek sea but there is no way swimming night at the sea...I was bitten by purple medussa last year and now I want always to see what is underneath...

I can see the stars also from the swimming pool so 6## series only and elex is just enough for me...

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #4,983 of 6,844
Last night, I spent time listening to S2 connected to Topping A90D, and tonight it's another beast, different; I'd almost say completely different headphones connected to tube amp Auris HA-2 SF. Ok, I got one; this experience is like swimming in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean...and there is that feeling of admiration and fear of how dominant the Ocean is, powerful and big...hm, I like both, clear sparkling Sea against big deep fearful Ocean :)
These cans are really worth every penny. I don't like speaking of the price while talking of the sound; it doesn't have anything in common. But, they can offer huge sound. Good job, Sennheiser...again!
And they fit so well. I was a bit sceptical because they feel sturdy, stiff in hand, and pads too, not on the softest side, but still fit on the head comfortably and nicely.
Yup, now reminds me of the HD 820 with this bass.

I almost ended writing and wanted to say how on a tube amp the bass is not tight (was weird); it's more boomy...haha how I was wrong...I was listening to some drum & bass first and then continued with GOA...now it can't be tighter...yes it was a different bass recorded; the whole good old D&B album had boomy bass (Cosmorama "Space Odyssey" recommending!)...everything is perfect with tubes, and...WOW, S2 :)
Just one more thing...as tubes are getting warmer and warmer...the sound is always better and better...now it's majestic! :)

Rob, I peaked a bit at Neumann; congrats on the arrival...but I can surely enjoy S2 without the need to compare to HD800S or HD820, just for a while, and I am giving them back to my wife :)

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #4,985 of 6,844
well off all 3 headphones i have (sundara, 660s2 and 109 pro) the S2 is my favorite one and to me the most balanced sounding one. i listen to tons of electronic music (mostly trance or psytrance) and the bass response is so much fun

also some say the s2 is a sidegrade to the sundaras, i call them an upgrade for sure

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #4,988 of 6,844
These things are too bloody hot for me. I live in Thailand & even with aircon blasting I just can't.

Anyonw know of good cooling pads which actually retain the cool temperature. I am very aware they will change the tuning, but it's worth a try or sell at a loss.

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #4,989 of 6,844
Well iem's might be the thing for you then
These things are too bloody hot for me. I live in Thailand & even with aircon blasting I just can't.

Anyonw know of good cooling pads which actually retain the cool temperature. I am very aware they will change the tuning, but it's worth a try or sell at a loss.

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #4,990 of 6,844
Our humble review of the HD 660S2 is now published with comparisons to the HD 660S, HD 600, and HD 650. I still have my 'Marble Edition' HD 600, but the pads on both of the older models are considerably flatter, so bear that in mind. :)

https://headfonics.com/sennheiser-hd-660s2-review/

1695460244653.png

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #4,991 of 6,844
Haha ...when I see the price of 820 it reminds me exactly that...:)
Hey London, what about drum &bass, garage, UK garage, jungle, speed garage..It's your invention, I love it! It's probably music in the electronic genre with the best vibe, a positive one. In the '90s, we didn't have the luck to listen/dance to it in clubs often; I mean, there weren't any...but when the first guests/DJs came late '90s, it might be Future Shock...I was so happy :) what about you, are you listening to that kind of music? Goldie, LTJ Bukem, Dillinja...?

Oh, you are getting a new fabulous place for clubbing and cultural events...did you know that? :)

well off all 3 headphones i have (sundara, 660s2 and 109 pro) the S2 is my favorite one and to me the most balanced sounding one. i listen to tons of electronic music (mostly trance or psytrance) and the bass response is so much fun

also some say the s2 is a sidegrade to the sundaras, i call them an upgrade for sure
I rewoke my old love of Goa Trance, haven't listened to it for more than 20 years...at the moment listening to Astrix's album...he is absolutely amazing!

I don't understand why vocals on the S2 are so damn beautiful

Oh, that's a wonderful reminder...I have to go back and listen to my favourite female vocal lately...Lisa Shaw

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #4,992 of 6,844
but i can't decide which headphone i like more. it is either the s2 or the 109. the sundara is on the third place for sure. for me the 109 pro is more fun sounding and got a wider stage. is it legal that these can share the number 1 place?
but for build quality, that goes for sure to the mezes
also here is a whole playlist for you to enjoy

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #4,993 of 6,844
but i can't decide which headphone i like more. it is either the s2 or the 109. the sundara is on the third place for sure. for me the 109 pro is more fun sounding and got a wider stage. is it legal that these can share the number 1 place?
but for build quality, that goes for sure to the mezes
also here is a whole playlist for you to enjoy
When I bought the Ibasso SR3, it was reviewed vs 109 Pro, and I can't complain a bit; Ibasso are very fun to listen to. I also like a lot the look of 109 Pro.
It would be nice to have them in the collection. :)

I try not to compare the headphones that I have. When I get them, I listen and see whether there is excitement while listening to the music I love.

Btw, thanks for the recommendation, but I don't listen to compilations unless I made one. There can be good stuff in it...but mostly, no. I am very picky about music...a lot more than with headphones. :)
Rarely compilations are a pass for me... The ones that I consider masterpieces are from Cafe del Mar vol 1-9 (or 10 as well, would have to check).

I always listen to albums and then see if it's good for me or not.

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #4,994 of 6,844
Maybe too early for a congrats....

The S2 as I continually point out just sound correct....
We might have had a similar experience with new cans. I was so excited, and I really expected so much from them, but it was a terrifying experience when I hooked them. I returned V2, having never done it before, but they were too expensive to keep and wait. Sonically, they probably would change, as people say, but I had an ergonomic issue with them, too, which wouldn't disappear, most likely. I didn't give up completely on the order, I replaced them with another one. Now, I am again excited waiting for those, which were my first pick anyway. :)

My wife told me that Cillian Murphy is totally into Hi-Fi and spends a lot on it. It would be interesting to see his collection.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #4,995 of 6,844
Hey London, what about drum &bass, garage, UK garage, jungle, speed garage..It's your invention, I love it! It's probably music in the electronic genre with the best vibe, a positive one. In the '90s, we didn't have the luck to listen/dance to it in clubs often; I mean, there weren't any...but when the first guests/DJs came late '90s, it might be Future Shock...I was so happy :) what about you, are you listening to that kind of music? Goldie, LTJ Bukem, Dillinja...?

Oh, you are getting a new fabulous place for clubbing and cultural events...did you know that? :)

I rewoke my old love of Goa Trance, haven't listened to it for more than 20 years...at the moment listening to Astrix's album...he is absolutely amazing!

Oh, that's a wonderful reminder...I have to go back and listen to my favourite female vocal lately...Lisa Shaw
I am listening to a lot of different genres but I am fan of house music too. Especially Defected radio that is based in London and throws a lot of parties in Croatia every year so lucky you...

But I have two kids now I am a family man and I am listening that music mostly in the gym and with my 58x which are amazing with this type of music not so technical but always musical and engaging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back