Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Jul 3, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #4,096 of 6,686
Oh wow I was one of the people looking to buy your S2! I'm glad you gave it another shot, it's phenomenal! I've had all the other 6x0 headphones and there's just something fun about the S2 that for casual listening is so great.

I have been looking for a good deal on one. First time I got it was at the retail and I didn't want to keep it for that much. I saw an open box deal at $450 I think I'll grab. Wondering if any Independence day deals will show up but I think the $500 deal is the best for new I'm seeing.
Are you sure you need s2 in addition to Verite and Atrium? :)

Jul 3, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #4,097 of 6,686
Are you sure you need s2 in addition to Verite and Atrium? :)
"Need" is a strong word 😉. I love both of my ZMFs, but I like having some "daily wear" headphones that are lighter and I'm less paranoid about denting/scratching. When I use the ZMFs I treat them like babies and some nights I'm too tired and want a lightweight great sounding headphone 👍🙂.

I already ordered that S2... Oops lol

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #4,098 of 6,686
"Need" is a strong word 😉. I love both of my ZMFs, but I like having some "daily wear" headphones that are lighter and I'm less paranoid about denting/scratching. When I use the ZMFs I treat them like babies and some nights I'm too tired and want a lightweight great sounding headphone 👍🙂.

Ha, this is how I feel too! I enjoyed the 660s2 quite a bit myself. They are on my list for a possible future purchase.

Jul 3, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #4,099 of 6,686

Light, comfortable, nice sound, durable and don't hurt the bank account much. Plus, you will be able to get parts for years.
A practical purchase after chasing all the eye candy. :smile:

Jul 3, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #4,100 of 6,686
Light, comfortable, nice sound, durable and don't hurt the bank account much. Plus, you will be able to get parts for years.
A practical purchase after chasing all the eye candy. :smile:
Exactly! This guy gets it!

Jul 3, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #4,101 of 6,686
Exactly! This guy gets it!
A year from now if you drop the S2's, you get a small dent in the grill. Oh well, you can hardly notice it.

Drop a big beautiful ZMF headphone and get a chip out of the wood. You will be filled with anger followed by depression. :smile:

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #4,102 of 6,686

I also really like the sound of the S2, it's driven by a Feliks Audio Euforia EVO, needless to say, it brings out the maximum of the S2. BUT if I had the money to buy an Atrium or Atrium Closed type, I would immediately replace it with the S2. The Euforia Evo + zmf atrium (otl - dynamic) (double flagship type on the market) is magic, the peak of headphones at the moment :)

Jul 3, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #4,104 of 6,686
Probably reason enough to hold onto them even if you have considered selling them. lol :wink::wink:
I think I am going to be keeping them. I am liking them more every time. :thumbsup:

Jul 3, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #4,105 of 6,686

I love that we've all come to terms with having collections 🥰 It wasn't that long ago where you settled on 1 or maaaaaybe 2 cans for all of your uses. Variety is the spice!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 3, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #4,106 of 6,686
Spent about half an hour the other day demoing 660S2 with HDV 820 amp. Okay, there is definitely some good synergy between the 2. The store only had instrumental/jazz music playing and I was not permitted to use my own music or source or anything. But I enjoyed whatever music the store had playing on that system. Warm, inviting with good amount of detail.

I will give 660s2 another try when they go on sale.

@Rob80b I also tried 800S out of HDV 820 and I have to say that 800S was not the disaster that I remembered them to be from my prior experiences.

IMG_2621.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #4,107 of 6,686
I also really like the sound of the S2, it's driven by a Feliks Audio Euforia EVO, needless to say, it brings out the maximum of the S2. BUT if I had the money to buy an Atrium or Atrium Closed type, I would immediately replace it with the S2. The Euforia Evo + zmf atrium (otl - dynamic) (double flagship type on the market) is magic, the peak of headphones at the moment :)
Oh yes love my Atrium! I have a Quicksilver headamp I use with it and it's insane. But, that's where the S2 comes in handy... It's an easier daily wear. Not as heavy and not as valuable. I drop the S2 it's probably fine, drop my Atrium and I'll freak out!

Jul 4, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #4,108 of 6,686
my goodness. i was calling a friend on discord tonight. he started playing arround with some sounds i didnt know about. and it started knocking outside, it came from every direction. i literly had to tell him that i have to check outside what that was. and it was just him joking arround. these headphones are just too good

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #4,110 of 6,686
my goodness. i was calling a friend on discord tonight. he started playing arround with some sounds i didnt know about. and it started knocking outside, it came from every direction. i literly had to tell him that i have to check outside what that was. and it was just him joking arround. these headphones are just too good
Is that from the discord sound board? I forgot which channel I'm in that has it, but I have a 2 knock one that sounds like someone is knocking the door in a direction. I use it to freak out my cousins from time to time 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back