Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Dec 19, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #722 of 737
Trying out some new leather pads, a bugger to install, slightly shallower than the stock pleather but super comfy.
Mesh is also thinner but will listen with and without my felt mod inserts, so far liking them without but the inserts but they do, IMHO, level out the frequency and also add a bit of damping for any extraneous vibrations from the housing that could occur. Overall though I'm using the HD630 quite a lot these days, might be something about a very crisp, distortion free, clear presentation with extended full base.
FD5E07DC-3D8A-4561-BABB-A05E9D461C14.jpeg
E1D7C94B-431D-4676-888E-2D2CDAA4721A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #725 of 737
Oct 17, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #726 of 737
Dead thread..but currently waiting on a black Neumann NDH30...
Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 10.11.24 AM.png
Follow up in case anyone happens to find themselves wondering around in here.....
IMG_8519.JPG
Silver instead of black but music wise the Neumann were sadly a big let down, everything thing was there but the music for me was totally non engaging, the original HD630VB for which this form factor was originally designed for, was, is still more delightful, crisper and clearer, with better drive especially in the bass, I'd almost say it has the better driver but cannot be substantiated.
Not to say the Neumann are a bad phone but are really more for mixing, just two drivers in some cups, nothing memorable, staying away from any problematic areas lacking bite and a leading edge on transients, pedestrian overall IMHO.
Some will enjoy the all day easy listening but sorry just not my cup of tea. : (

Oct 17, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #728 of 737
Hi @Rob80b, what leather pads are those? My original pads are starting to crack
Believe I got them off Ebay coming from China, actually not bad, super comfy, and prefer them over the stock pads, a bugger to put on though.
Just search for HD630VB lambskin....no more than $15 US
Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 9.23.50 PM.png

I've also some pads coming in for the Neumann but I may need to retrofit them to fit or use some double sided tape....

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #730 of 737
Hello!
Now I'm using them (Sennheiser HD 630VB) with my Android Poco X3, Sony NW-E394, and Lenovo Ideapad С340 laptop
Please tell me if they need an amplifier such as the Fiio Q1 Mark II, or is it better to buy a better player, such as the FiiO M3K or Fiio X3 2? I found all this at a flea market and am ready to buy one more thing.
I need your advice, on how to get better sound. I understand that my question may seem naive, but I ask for leniency.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #732 of 737
Hello!
Now I'm using them with my Android Poco X3, Sony NW-E394, and Lenovo Ideapad С340 laptop
Please tell me if they need an amplifier such as the Fiio Q1 Mark II, or is it better to buy a better player, such as the FiiO M3K or Fiio X3 2? I found all this at a flea market and am ready to buy one more thing.
I need your advice, on how to get better sound. I understand that my question may seem naive, but I ask for leniency.
Thank you!

HD630vb are fairly easy to power and don't generally require external amplification in my experience. Dedicated players have useful functionality, but in terms of sound quality are not necessarily better than phones or laptops or DAC/amp devices (although if you do want to replace your Walkman, some DAPs also have the ability to function as dac/amps over USB or bluetooth).

This really depends on your specific devices- for instance my laptop's sound quality is noticably bad and I almost always use an external dac/amp gadget with it, but my phone and DAP sound OK on their own. I'd suggest comparing your different devices, using the same songs at the same loudness.

If you simply dislike the overall sound character of the headphones you might also just try using EQ- unless 630vb are being underpowered or the sound quality of all three of your devices is not very good, this is more likely to make a useful difference.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #733 of 737
Hello!
Now I'm using them (Sennheiser HD 630VB) with my Android Poco X3, Sony NW-E394, and Lenovo Ideapad С340 laptop
Thank you!
First one has to ask themselves, what would I like to improve, what is missing? A better source and or amp may improve the overall performance but do you need it?
HD630vb are fairly easy to power and don't generally require external amplification in my experience.
I'm happy running mine off an iMac but they are capable of putting out a higher quality sound with higher end equipment.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #734 of 737
Hi everyone. I had this trouble and I want to ask if someone can help. I have just ordered and received a sennheiser hd630vb today. But when I plug it into my usb c adapter and listen to music on my phone. Weird sizzling noise shows up. It was very noticeable if I leave music volume to minimum there is barely just that weird noise. Then when I stop music the noise remains about 4 second then ends with a blip sound. My device is working fine cause I listen to many others headphones of mine through it. I guess because the electronics main board that adjust the bass is defected. Is there anyone who can give me advise for this situation. I already contact to the online shop but just incase I cannot refund. Thanks you so much. I would be very appreciated.

Jan 26, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #735 of 737
Hi everyone. I had this trouble and I want to ask if someone can help.
........when I plug it into my usb c adapter and listen to music on my phone. Weird sizzling noise shows up.
It's possible the usb adapter does not like the 4 pole connector/cable that besides having a mic to take calls also carries a signal to adjust volume and track selection.
Weird sizzling noise shows up.
Have you tried using the phones on any other device without a usb adapter.
I guess because the electronics main board that adjust the bass is defected.
Possible but as mentioned may be a mismatch with the USB configuration and the phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back