Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Jun 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #316 of 737
  It may take an Aussie to explain the VB feature...
We've had VB cans here since 1854, in REAL STEREO.
We know em real good like!  :wink:

The HD50 ^ (Heavy Drinker X 50 cans)
If you remember anything from physics class, you probably weren't drinking VB, like this man was.

P = IV, P = I2R, and P = V2 / R X 24 VB cans @ 5% Alc Volume = Variable Bias, into whatever cable or impedance you may be driving at any given time.
biggrin.gif

Cheers, big ears!

For those unappreciative of irony or devoid of sense of humour, don't take offence! It's just an Australian thing...

LOL, great equations and PERFECT sense of humor! However, I would probably need more than 50 VB cans until sufficiently biased, ready to spend 500 bucks on a headphone cable, unless it is made of 100% Gold or Platinum! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #317 of 737
Searched this thread, didnt find anything about this:

Anyone notice how the HD630 VB has EXACTLY the same frequency response as the HD 700? 10 to 42000. Makes me wonder if its the same drivers or what other kind of sorcery is this.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #318 of 737
  Searched this thread, didnt find anything about this:

Anyone notice how the HD630 VB has EXACTLY the same frequency response as the HD 700? 10 to 42000. Makes me wonder if its the same drivers or what other kind of sorcery is this.

You can find a bunch of different headphones have the exact "frequency range", it doesn't really mean anything... most times headphones can't even reach those ranges... although the HD700 might reach those ear-piercing 42000!!! LOL! :p

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #319 of 737

You can find a bunch of different headphones have the exact "frequency range", it doesn't really mean anything... most times headphones can't even reach those ranges... although the HD700 might reach those ear-piercing 42000!!! LOL! :p

What equipment even produces signal in those high of ranges anyways? Don't most gear cut off around 20khz?

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #320 of 737

What equipment even produces signal in those high of ranges anyways? Don't most gear cut off around 20khz?

the Japanese "Hi-Res" certification/label thing is for 0-40khz or something, I think. There are a fair number of products bearing that labeling lately.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #321 of 737

Doesn't matter if they produce them or not... you will not be able to hear it...

http://www.cochlea.org/en/hear/frequency-hearing-range-in-man-and-some-common-animal-species

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #324 of 737
I was under the impression that headphones have frequency responses to stupid extremes because the response diagrams start to go crazy as they reach the upper and lower bounds. The higher and lower the frequency response, the less likely you'll be able to hear the strangeness as they reach their frequency limits (since they'll likely be out of the audible range).

I may have made that up, however.

I wonder how this is going to sell. The price seems high for something with such a V-shaped frequency response and questionable design decisions. I'd be all over this if it's a massive flop with fire-sale discounts haha.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #326 of 737
Preview from Audio Magazin (GER):

http://www.audio.de/testbericht/sennheiser-hd-630vb-test-kopfhoerer-3113685.html

Awesome. It's got my interest peaked. Looking forward to hearing Sennheiser's take on this type of sound signature.

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #328 of 737
This review is basicly worthless. I know this magazine since the late 70th. The will never diss an advertiser. So everything just sounds awesome, as long as music comes out at all.
What does not mean that the HD630 is a bad headphone. We just have to wait till the containers from China arrive and the can is available on the market.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #329 of 737
This review is basicly worthless. I know this magazine since the late 70th. The will never diss an advertiser. So everything just sounds awesome, as long as music comes out at all.
What does not mean that the HD630 is a bad headphone. We just have to wait till the containers from China arrive and the can is available on the market.

Have you any info when this is going to happen?

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #330 of 737

Users who are viewing this thread

Back