Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Mar 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #617 of 1,133
What country you in?

Australia, Sennheiser said late march/early April, but they are not 100% sure on that...
Also, my local DJ store is selling the Amperior's half price ($200), not sure whether to get the HD8's (roughly retailing for $450) or go with the amperior's,
I love everything about the HD8's BUT people are saying about they have quite a bit of bass (not really ideal for producing?) 
I'm stuck on the fence right now...

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #619 of 1,133
  Australia, Sennheiser said late march/early April, but they are not 100% sure on that...
Also, my local DJ store is selling the Amperior's half price ($200), not sure whether to get the HD8's (roughly retailing for $450) or go with the amperior's,
I love everything about the HD8's BUT people are saying about they have quite a bit of bass (not really ideal for producing?) 
I'm stuck on the fence right now...

I just ordered my HD8s to Australia, try Juno.co.uk

It's about $450 is you want them -now-, less if you're willing to wait for them to arrive from the UK.

It's the only place I've found that ships Sennheiser overseas.

I remember someone posted that the Australian RRP of the HD8s will be $500 (not surprising), whenever they decide to come out, so either way it's a good deal to get them from the UK.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #620 of 1,133
  The HD8 isn't out in my country yet, also there is about a 100$ price difference. I called up some of my local DJ stores and they said they haven't recieved any info of the HD8 but the 25's have been a solid headphone & they recomended them, 
but after seeing Linus's review on these I think I'll get them, also they seem a great headphone for movies/games ect.. 

I just ordered my HD8s to Australia, try Juno.co.uk

It's about $450 is you want them -now-, less if you're willing to wait for them to arrive from the UK.

It's the only place I've found that ships Sennheiser overseas.

I remember someone posted that the Australian RRP of the HD8s will be $500 (not surprising), whenever they decide to come out, so either way it's a good deal to get them from the UK.

I could have shipped mine out for way less than that.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #622 of 1,133
I never realised Thomann shipped here, that's another option to add to the list!

It comes out to the same price though, but Thomann have 7-10 day shipping, vs Juno's 1-3 days by Fedex.

Thomann do have 30 day returns though, and 3 year warranty...

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #624 of 1,133
Got my HD 8 from thomann yesterday. Took about 5 days including the weekend to ship to Sweden.

Have been listening to them for about 3-4 hours yesterday and 5-6 hours at work today. And I love them so far!
I mostly listen to metal, black metal and psytrance. Not exclusively but for the most part.

They do the psytrance better than the metal and they do expose a bad mix and recording in a way I’m not use to, since it’s my first headphones above 100$.

But they are so exiting to listen to! 
And the more I krank the volume the better it sounds. The separation of the instruments. The low end of the bass. The vocals sticking out of the mix.

I tried Sennheiser HD 589, HD 300 and HD 600. I tried the AKG 550k. I tried the Sennheiser HD 7 and realized I want fun headphones and not uncolored.
I tried Ultrasone pro 900 and realized HD 7 didn’t have the headroom but was way more balanced.
I never tried the HD 8 but it turns out they are more awesome than the HD 7. And the only big complaint about the HD 7 was too much bass. And the HD 8 kinda fixed it by adding mid and instrument separation instead of removing bass.

But in some black metal mixes the bass kick drum still gets a bit too much in your face. And since it’s about one gazillion bass kick hits in a black metal song it get somewhat annoying.

All in all, I really really like them. I really really really like them. I’m going to the music store next week and see if an amp will be worth the money. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #625 of 1,133
I just checked they at the party (psytrance). I gave they to try a few friends dj. We all agreed that they are great. isolation, bass, beatmatching. They are worth the money. When you have them on your ears you feel that you have something precious.  

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #627 of 1,133
At the moment, I’m about two days in. And the sound is still major impressive.
But I’m starting to believe what they say. That these headphones are made for professionals and not casual listeners,
Not even the kind of casual listeners that has a big appetites for deep bass and nice build quality.

Someone in this thread mentioned the headband being uncomfy. I’m starting to feel the same.
The high pressure and the weight does make a difference after long hours.
To the point that I actually got a headache.

What I used to wear on my apparently sensitive skull is a super lightweight Razer kraken pro. Which was. And still is a perfect pair of long session headphones (with ok sound).
And other people in this forum said: Chill kid, 2 weeks from now the burnin has taken its rightful time!.. but burnin is just sound, right? Not comfort?

So I’m at crossroad right now. I can’t seem to find headphones as awesome as the HD 8, but with the long session comfort I’m looking for.

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #628 of 1,133
I'm trying to decide between the HD8, and the Shure SRH1540. Can anyone tell me anything between these two? After all the reviews, I've found that for the largest part, they have a similiar sound, with the treble on the HD8 being just a but flatter. But also 120 less?

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #629 of 1,133
I would go with the HD8. 1540 just sounded boring, veiled and less impactful in terms of bass when compared with HD8. If you like the Shure sound signature, then go for Shure 840 or 940.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #630 of 1,133
I head the HD8 DJ today. It has very good quality build with awesome sound (the imaging, and sound signature is similar to Alpha Dog with smaller sound stage). it was driven by an iphone.
On the other hand, the HD6 quality build is not as good as the HD8, but still very sturdy IMO. The website said that the HD6 is tuned for a neutral sound, but I think (driven by iphone 5) the bass is not tight, and treble is not bright enough for neutral sound. I have to check listen again with my portable again in a few days.
These 2 headphones must use different drivers, therefore it's not good to put them in the same thread. The HD8 & HD7 may use the same drivers. The HD6 is a totally different sounding headphone, it should be another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back