Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Feb 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #466 of 1,133
Just ordered HD8 DJ - I should get them by the end of next week. The 30-day Thomann return guarantee was too tempting :wink:

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #467 of 1,133
I didn't get the impression at all that he was nitpicking or complaining needlessly. He was simply providing information. I don't see how that could possibly be a bad thing. Overall he has provided more useful information than anyone else in this thread and I really liked that particular video because it shows exactly what he (and others) mean when they mention the creaking.

Do we really need to make a whole new thread-- "The not as appreciative HD 6/7/8 thread-- post your impressions here if they include anything negative"

Lets please not do that. Off with the bickering; on with the impressions and info.

:rolleyes:^

Unnecessary post I already said earlier that I understood. If u want I will delete my previous post.

As long as I don't hear it while wearing it I don't care. But that's just me.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #468 of 1,133
My bad if I missed one of your earlier posts, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I personally think, but I don't think it makes sense to badger someone for information they are providing just because you personally don't care one way or the other. I cared to hear and see what the creaking was really like and I'm sure there are others that were interested to find out as well, and people in the future who are looking into these cans will have that info available to them. How posting on-topic information/videos could ever be a bad thing is beyond me.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I apologize if I was rude, I didn't mean to be. Like a lot of people in this thread I'm just trying to learn all I can about these new cans and it doesn't help if information is being blocked or brushed off simply because the most fervent members of the thread don't think its necessary for some reason or they don't like that the person is being somewhat critical.

Anyway, on with the thread. I'd love to try these out before buying, anyone know if there are any brick & mortar stores that are/will be selling them?

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #470 of 1,133
This became difficult, the measurements of HD8 wasn't quite what I had hoped it to be. Hmm to order or not to.

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #472 of 1,133
  in what ways do they not measure up

The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #473 of 1,133

The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.

ohh i see. 

sometimes I welcome rolled off treble but yeah I can understand totally. Usually dj headphones are tuned this way to avoid it being piercing at loud volumes. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #474 of 1,133

My 7's sounded that way, meaning all low end and no top end.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #475 of 1,133
I wouldn't say there is "no top end", quite perfect for playing a bit louder. But they are a little dark/muffled by nature, not especially open sounding but not bad either. Serious quality and fun for specific electronica etc, but I'd be cautious recommending them as general purpose cans. They have a special flavor/balance I've yet to hear elsewhere.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #478 of 1,133
Has anyone listened to any metal with the HD8? It sounds like they'd work well, what with them having tight bass, good mids, and no glaring peaks in the upper mids or treble.

I hear mostly to metal and I should get the HD8 after the weekend, so I'll let you know.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #480 of 1,133
Just used the HD8 DJ's in the studio for the first time yesterday.  

1) isolation is outstanding (this was one of the key reasons I was looking at these cans).

2) great fit, at least for me, both over the ear and clamp.  

3) that the cable can be inserted into either cup is a nice feature. 

as for sound quality:  well, my segment on Tulsa's Mix 96 (What's Your Problem Wednesday) is mostly talk, as is my show on KRMG (What's Your Problem Weekend) so... I sounded GREAT!  So did Tad and Kendall.  But, due to the nature of the show, there isn't much time for me to enjoy listening to music while everything is going on.

These do everything I hoped they would.  And, they look great.  Immediate headphone-envy from Tad, who is a long-time Sennheiser fan.  If anything, they're overkill for my purposes.

But, sometimes overkill is just what you need.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back