Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Feb 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #331 of 1,133
I own V Moda 100, AIAI tma , ultrasone sig DJ, HD 25. . Working 5 hour sets in a club with all of them V Moda 100 when putting them on would have to be turned on the loudest to mix and when try to wear them in between mixing for protection from loud sound, they would protect the least. Brought along all headphones on different days and when switching over to the second pair from v Moda, I had much better Isolation. Also mailed in vmoda for wing repair and paid shipping out of my own pocket. That was the weak point and cracked at the first fall from the table. Hoping HD 8 will live up to industry expectations and will become a new standard. Hope that answered you!

You have the ultrasone signature dj and you are still looking? Any reasons?

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #332 of 1,133
You have the ultrasone signature dj and you are still looking? Any reasons?

I heared the DJ's last friday and although they were good phones, they war too V-shaped for my taste and not very comfortable (in comparison with DT770, L1 and Momentum). At first listen, not worth all that money.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #334 of 1,133

I heared the DJ's last friday and although they were good phones, they war too V-shaped for my taste and not very comfortable (in comparison with DT770, L1 and Momentum). At first listen, not worth all that money.

That sounds odd. :xf_eek: Which DT770 ? The 250 is quite balanced but the Pro/80 is very V-shaped. The L1 on the other hand is "\" shaped, ie. slanting slope, so the highs are a bit veiled in comparison, mids fairly on a neutral level and the bass a bit above that mids level. Don't know how to explain Momentum as my demoing and the graph didn't agree at all but it could have been due to the cable issue, I dunno, found it sounding pretty V-shaped from the demoing.

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #337 of 1,133
  Are you talking about the Ultrasone DJ's or the HD 7/8s?

Ultrasone

That sounds odd. :xf_eek: Which DT770 ? The 250 is quite balanced but the Pro/80 is very V-shaped. The L1 on the other hand is "\" shaped, ie. slanting slope, so the highs are a bit veiled in comparison, mids fairly on a neutral level and the bass a bit above that mids level. Don't know how to explain Momentum as my demoing and the graph didn't agree at all but it could have been due to the cable issue, I dunno, found it sounding pretty V-shaped from the demoing.

80 Ohm. On my rig H320 + E11 the DT770 didn't sound that V-shaped, or at least not that much as the Signature DJ (very sparkly highs, very strong bass, a bit less neutral mids than Signature Pro).

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #338 of 1,133
  I don't have any HD25 ALU to hand at the moment but should have some more in a week. They do definitely have more bass than the HD25ALU but I will have to have another side by side listen to check the quality of the bass as more is not always better. The HD8 do produce more sub bass so they drop down lower than the HD25 ALU but I suspect the aluminiums have slightly more detailed / textured bass. I will have to have a good listen to both when they come in and check. 

Thx for your impressions. Seems like the HD25ALU is the more balanced one. =)
Glad it doesnt get outclassed :p

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #339 of 1,133
Yes I own it, you can see my video on YouTube and small review for sig DJs . Just dial Ultrasone signature DJ . Best sound but not as good isolation as tma aiaia for 5 hour DJ sets. Isolation extremely important to save hearing. Can't wear plugs under headphones.

Feb 18, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #342 of 1,133

80 Ohm. On my rig H320 + E11 the DT770 didn't sound that V-shaped, or at least not that much as the Signature DJ (very sparkly highs, very strong bass, a bit less neutral mids than Signature Pro).

The different ohm versions of the DT770 are not designed to sound any different from each other and their sound signatures do not directly correlate to what ohm version they are. What you're hearing is standard driver variance which is very widely varied in the DT770s. The 770/880/990 all use the same driver and Beyer seems to be using the least consistent drivers in the 770s, which is the cheapest of the three models. Don't expect to get a particular sound signature based on what ohm version you get. Its luck of the draw, unfortunately.

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #344 of 1,133
I'm surprised no1 commented on the extremely stylish zipper-case:

It's nice but you have to fold up the headphone to use it. Some won't care, some would rather drop in the phones and go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back