Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Feb 16, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #318 of 1,133
I Have finally got some HD8s and have had a good play with them. They do feel nicer with the metal components - they just feel a bit more solid then the HD7. I have hooked them up to our ghetto fabulous HATS setup. It is not super accurate and there is a little background noise here in our industrial unit but it is good enough to compare A with B - all the tests were done one after another with the same setup to give a fare comparison.
Here is a waterfall done with the HD25 as a comparison / benchmark as a lot of people have already tried them

Here is the HD7

And Here is the HD8

As you can see - at sensible volumes both the HD7 and HD8 rise quite allot at sub bass end and dip down a bit at the high end. Even though the drivers are the same spec the HD8 does seem flatter than the HD7 and listening to them both I do prefer the sound of the HD8. I will be pulling apart both headphones and checking out the internals over the next week or so and will see if they are much different inside

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #322 of 1,133
Good, the measurements starts looking promissing for HD8 for me so far, also good to know the pads should fit me, the width was somewhat worrying but I estimate my ears to be roughly ~4cm wide so should fit.

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #323 of 1,133
My ears are 75 mm long, so i will have no chance of comfortably wearing. I had hoped they are as big as the 500er or 600er Series (75 mm and perfect). I have a HD 518 and i like the sound. But the cushion is to hard after 30 min.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #325 of 1,133
  jfunk, does the HD8 has more bass than the HD25Alu? 
Do they share the "Sennheiser" sound?

I don't have any HD25 ALU to hand at the moment but should have some more in a week. They do definitely have more bass than the HD25ALU but I will have to have another side by side listen to check the quality of the bass as more is not always better. The HD8 do produce more sub bass so they drop down lower than the HD25 ALU but I suspect the aluminiums have slightly more detailed / textured bass. I will have to have a good listen to both when they come in and check. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #326 of 1,133
Would really like to know about sound Isolation. V Moda 100 isolation was crap! I was one of the first ones to get it. HD 25 Isolation is much better. What is The sound Isolation oh HD 8 vs the 25....? Please

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #327 of 1,133
Would really like to know about sound Isolation. V Moda 100 isolation was crap! I was one of the first ones to get it. HD 25 Isolation is much better. What is The sound Isolation oh HD 8 vs the 25....? Please

Define crap? Either some frequencies get through or they don't, isolation can be easily and objectively measured... I will do that when I get them this/next week.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #328 of 1,133

I Have just had a quick check playing some white noise through our speakers and the isolation seems similar to the HD25 but I don't want to play it too loud and upset the guys in the next unit :wink: I may try to rig up a test tonight after they have finished for the day. The one thing I have noticed which is a little annoying for use on the streets... We hare having quite a few storms where I live at the moment and having a detachable cable socket in each ear - the ear without the cable can tend to pick up a lot of wind noise as wind blows across the socket. I have done a quick experriment and the socked does not seem to be sealed on the inside so could let in more noise than the cabled one - probably an easy mod/fix but worth looking into.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #329 of 1,133
I own V Moda 100, AIAI tma , ultrasone sig DJ, HD 25. . Working 5 hour sets in a club with all of them V Moda 100 when putting them on would have to be turned on the loudest to mix and when try to wear them in between mixing for protection from loud sound, they would protect the least. Brought along all headphones on different days and when switching over to the second pair from v Moda, I had much better Isolation. Also mailed in vmoda for wing repair and paid shipping out of my own pocket. That was the weak point and cracked at the first fall from the table. Hoping HD 8 will live up to industry expectations and will become a new standard. Hope that answered you!

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #330 of 1,133
The vmoda line doesn't exactly yield pro audio equipment. Sennheiser makes pro audio equipment. There is minimal to little isolation with the m100. You will notice a big difference in sound quality and isolation with the HD8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back