Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Jan 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,133

Jerryberry

100+ Head-Fier

NEW SENNHEISER DJ LINE ...Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.

Great looking set of can inspired by the HD25s/Amperior line. The top model in the new Professional DJ line of Headphones - the Sennheiser HD8 DJ HAS REALLY CAUGHT MY EYE 
smily_headphones1.gif

Official product page here:
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/on-ear-headphones-stereo-hd8-dj

Great hands on of the top of the line DJ 8 model from Endgadget :
http://www.engadget.com/gallery/sennheiser-hd8-dj-hands-on/

Some Pics

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 1,133
I'm interested, good looking, likely with typical Senn comfort. Anyone seen pricing info?

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 1,133
  They have been priced ...
$280 HD6
$329 HD7
$389 HD8

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/11/sennheiser-hd8-dh-hands-on/

Thanks................now I want some impressions.  If the HD25 sound sig was the model, maybe these are nice tight basshead phones.................being DJ's I'd say thats a good chance. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 1,133
Again, why? Seriously Sennheiser, you ate going to have to discontinue the HD25 to sell these Iinferior headphones.

Give it up already george. The HD25 is good but they certainly have their weaknesses. No reason to feel threatened. You are not your headphones (Tyler Durden Voice). It won't be hard for a company like Sennheiser to best themselves, especially with the on-ear limitation gone.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 1,133
Give it up already george. The HD25 is good but they certainly have their weaknesses. No reason to feel threatened. You are not your headphones (Tyler Durden Voice). It won't be hard for a company like Sennheiser to best themselves, especially with the on-ear limitation gone.

The HD25 has no weaknesses for djing. These headphones are a cheesy attempt by Sennheiser to sell more headphones. These will not become industry standard. Mark my words.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 1,133
The HD25 has no weaknesses for djing. These headphones are a cheesy attempt by Sennheiser to sell more headphones. These will not become industry standard. Mark my words.

Rofl you have to be joking. How dare Sennheiser try to out-do themselves and make money in the process. You sure do have quite the opinion about something you havent had a chance to even hear. BTW, since when were the HD25's the industry standard? Maybe a decade ago?

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #13 of 1,133

Your word/post is a bit cheesy. This is an appreciation thread. No one is forcing you to spend your allowance on new headphones...

HD25s are sibilant at higher levels of monitoring. They also have that jabbing, punchy bass. The HD25s strengths were its durability and light-weight factor. Also the ability to repair/mod parts is very easy. They were also easily powered with any DJ mixer. I've owned them for 7 years thinking that they were the best thing since sliced bread. Definitely a good headphone. As for industry standard, I don't find that true. These look like they can be a real winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back