Sennheiser HD 598: Ugly or Sexy
Nov 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #121 of 143
the tan colour on the HD598 is a little too yellowish and saturated imo

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #122 of 143
Quote:
I always found all Sennheiser headphones ugly except HD700 & HD800.

I guess you're into the futuristic designs 
wink_face.gif
. For me those are a little too futuristic as headphones. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #123 of 143
I don't know if anybody said before me.

-They look like a comfortable, but rather ugly sofa

For HP's they just look average, perhaps a bit more exciting

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #125 of 143
Quote:

Can you actually define the term 'detail,' and give specific moments of specific songs where 'superior detail' shows through?  I'm having a hard time believing that HD600/650 aren't very detailed.  They have a very fast decay and their frequency response is very smooth, that should be cause for a great amount of detail.  Might you be mistaking treble emphasis for detail?

well, that is where detail comes from. Grados, Beyers,and k701s are said to be very detailed, and what are they? Trebly. Same thing with all bright cans, the treble emphasis gives more detail.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #127 of 143
Quote:
well, that is where detail comes from. Grados, Beyers,and k701s are said to be very detailed, and what are they? Trebly. Same thing with all bright cans, the treble emphasis gives more detail.

Detail and treble emphasis does not go hand in hand. Just saying.
Personally i don't find the k702 overly detailed, just trebly.

When I think detailed, i think etymotic or very high end cans like the tesla t1.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #128 of 143
Quote:
Detail and treble emphasis does not go hand in hand. Just saying.
Personally i don't find the k702 overly detailed, just trebly.

When I think detailed, i think etymotic or very high end cans like the tesla t1.

I do agree that faster decay is a good thing and contributes morre to detail than treble emphasis does, but to the average person, trebly cans seem to be more detailed and clear.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #129 of 143
Just purely on looks alone if someone said I had to wear either the HD598's or Dr. Dre Beats out in public I'd have to flip a coin.  I can deal with ugly cans.  But not bad taste.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #132 of 143
Quote:
I do agree that faster decay is a good thing and contributes morre to detail than treble emphasis does, but to the average person, trebly cans seem to be more detailed and clear.

Just didn't like your statement xD
Not that i own any high end cans, but after owning the etymotic hf2 and trying the t1, i think i know what real detail is. Treble fools you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back