Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,718 of 7,535
  Looks like the cats out of the bag. Some chinese shop came up with a "universal" connector for these cans and now were going to start seeing cables galore getting pumped out. LINK and LINK

I must say, it certainly took them long enough.

Any idea how they sound?

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #2,719 of 7,535

Interesting... where can I buy a momentum cable?

I believe they are around $150 USD from Sennheiser though.

Roughly $80 from Sennheiser. Just got my Momentum On-Ear headphones and that cable also fits. It's lighter (less metal, more plastic) and will cost about half that, but since it's a new headphone, they may not have the cables to sell for a while.

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,721 of 7,535
  Im sure just like every other cable... I have three cables for my HD-598s now and they all sound like metal conducting electrons to me.

Alright then. Because the sennheiser cable from what I remember made the shure srh940 sound metallic and harsh.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #2,724 of 7,535
Is there a shortlist of recommended budget dac/amps to pair with the hd598? Or good dac and amp pairings perhaps?
modi/magni? o2/odac? hrt microstreamer? audioquest dragonfly? Meridian explorer? Has anyone done a comparison of different components compared or built systems around these cans?

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #2,728 of 7,535
Hi guys,

Just got my 598s here with e17 do you think this is good combo? and how to do "burn in" with 598s ?

I'm not a believer of burn in, that being said my iPod was on shuffle for a few nights in the storage closet :) great cans, in the future I would look at a good tube amp to pair them with (I just like the tube sound I guess and thought a nice ss amp put just a touch too much treble for me where the tube made them even more airy, a plus IMO.) happy listening

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2,729 of 7,535
I'm not a believer of burn in, that being said my iPod was on shuffle for a few nights in the storage closet
smily_headphones1.gif
great cans, in the future I would look at a good tube amp to pair them with (I just like the tube sound I guess and thought a nice ss amp put just a touch too much treble for me where the tube made them even more airy, a plus IMO.) happy listening

Nor am I. I dont really believe nor have I ever noticed it making much of a difference. But I do it for 100 hours with all my cans right when I get them. I figure it certainly cant hurt, so why not? Then I can say "yep, sure did" if any one asks.

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #2,730 of 7,535
And now it looks like they have them available with an iPhone mic and controls built in, in two colors and with two different colored connectors to the cans. I bought a red and a black, Ill let you all know what the details when I get them. LINK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back