Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,909 of 7,535
Just finished making up my short cable.  1m long, straight to my pocket with no bunched up cable or jack adapters making my ipod look like an old school walkie talkie.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,910 of 7,535
Quote:
Just make sure the MP3's are 320kbps else the headphones might make them sound out with annoying hissing in them.

Hissing is not based on the bit rate of the file but rather the source said file was ripped from. Illegally downloaded 320kbps files could very well sound like crap if they were derived from a crappy source.

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,912 of 7,535
Hey guys, I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP that works well with the HD 598's. I want to listen to music off my Galaxy S3 US version, computer, and possibly my PS3. Anyone have any suggestions for around $150? I see alot of people recommend the Fiio E7.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,916 of 7,535
Hey guys, I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP that works well with the HD 598's. I want to listen to music off my Galaxy S3 US version, computer, and possibly my PS3. Anyone have any suggestions for around $150? I see alot of people recommend the Fiio E7.

Sorry for the double post. I have an E11 and E17 and they are both great. Honestly though, the 598's sound great straight from my iPod and computer.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,917 of 7,535
Hd598 -thanks for all the comments reviews etc.  Very usefull  for researching but of course hearing is believing and so far its clean and clarity all the way.
They just arrived today so a but of settling in required.

thanks again.
Minsik

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #1,919 of 7,535
Quote:
I wish they came in another color. I like the color, but I'm about to order a second pair and wouldn't mind a second color option.

if they came in black and silver like the HD558 but with more silver i would be happy

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #1,920 of 7,535
So this is my first post, as I just stumbled on this forum on a quest for my next pair of headphones. Yes, I did ultimately go with the 598's, and man am I in love.

In the past couple years I started to find myself gravitating towards higher quality headphones, and an audiophile type of mindset, but man I had no idea what I was missing.

I previously owned a pair of Studio Beats, almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I loved them at first. That is until they fell completely apart within a month. What a colossal POS. DO NOT GET BEATS! For the love of god. Save yourself the time, money, and embarrassment. I'm sure that is stated a million times somewhere on this site. Anyways....

So I moved to the VMODA Cross Fade LP's, which I still own and love (Great pair of super sturdy bass heavy headphones). They've treated me really well for close to 2 years now. I got kind of used to their sound, and a couple months ago I stumbled on Headphone amplifiers. I had no idea the type of improvements these made, or specifications for different types of headphones, etc. Needless to say I took a shot in the dark and purchased the uDac 2. From being on this forum now I see that probably wasn't the best my money could have gotten, but hell it works beautifully, and I'm jamming with my 598's and uDac as we speak. I digress.

I know this has been reiterated time and time again, but the sound stage on these puppies is MASSIVE! Being a noob to the scene I never really understood the true meaning of sound stage. Not knowing you just think "yeah, duh, the sound stage like where they're playing." No you don't. My god I just listened to DMB Live and I was seriously dwarfed by the sound. You can just feel the music coming from this grandeur stage, blasting millions of fans with sweet celestial vibrations. Eargasm to say the least. Regardless, for anyone even contemplating for a second about the 598's they're 211 on amazon right now and I feel like I stole them for that price. I feel like I have a pillow softly caressing my ears while music makes sweet love to my ear drums.

I'm hooked and I couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back