Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
May 1, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #1,366 of 7,535
Quote:
Pretty sure Brian at RazorDogDeals will beat that price of $240. Can almost guarantee it!

He accepted my offer of $200. I haven't been able to find them cheaper in a long time. He's an authorized Senn dealer as well.

May 6, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #1,368 of 7,535
Listening to artists you love is the most appropriate way to burn in your own headphones, in my opinion. 
Quote:
I recently bought these, and I was wondering if artists like "The Fray" and "The Script" could be appropriate for burning in?

May 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,371 of 7,535
Quote:
Considering pulling the trigger on a pair of these, just wondering is the cracking headband still an issue?

they fixed it a while ago 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #1,374 of 7,535
2 days ago until today sometimes I heard a strange noise from 2 earcups, did not know particularly but I adjusted the length of the headband and the 2 earcups and it has gone now. Hopefully that was not a cracking noise.

May 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,375 of 7,535
Quote:
He accepted my offer of $200. I haven't been able to find them cheaper in a long time. He's an authorized Senn dealer as well.

So I'm on the verge of purchasing the 598s. They seem like the best overall choice for what I'm looking for (somewhat of a newbie looking to convert all audio to ALAC, looking to get a 50-60 headphone amp, and a good pair of reasonably priced cans). Did you just email this fella Brian and say "Hey, I want these headphones but will only pay 200"... how did that conversation go? Because I want them, but would like to keep it to about 200.

May 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,376 of 7,535
Quote:
So I'm on the verge of purchasing the 598s. They seem like the best overall choice for what I'm looking for (somewhat of a newbie looking to convert all audio to ALAC, looking to get a 50-60 headphone amp, and a good pair of reasonably priced cans). Did you just email this fella Brian and say "Hey, I want these headphones but will only pay 200"... how did that conversation go? Because I want them, but would like to keep it to about 200.

Just wanted to let you know, if it's a price/quality thing you're worrying about, don't! They are well worth over 200$ imho. Here in Europe they cost +-230€ (+- 300$). I bought mine 2 weeks ago and like them every day more and more. Remarkable clairity, stereo-imaging, highs, mids, tight lows (not as deep or loud as closed backs of course) and incredible soundstage. Can't say enough about their great value. If you actually could get them for 200$ that would REALLY be a steal.

May 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,377 of 7,535
Just use the 'Make an Offer' option on Ebay, right under where you would normally place a bid.

May 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,378 of 7,535
I just recently finished grad school so I'm pretty tight on money right now, so 200 as opposed to 240 would be a welcomed discount, haha. But when it comes down to it, if I can't find them at the 200 range, I'm going to buy them regardless. 

May 12, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #1,379 of 7,535
Do you think that these headphones will be OK to listen to music like Daft Punk, Lady Gaga, ADELE, Rihanna, The Corrs, Soundtracks (Koji Kondo, Yann Tiersen...), J-Pop and Club Music-Dance/Electro (Inna, Jessie J, Marina & The Diamonds, Ratatat, David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Madeon...) or even some downtempo music (Hôtel Costes). 

Thanks!

May 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #1,380 of 7,535
Absolutely. Female vocalists are superb on these. And soundtracks? That's where they excell the most. String and brass instruments, piano, Yann Tiersen (think Amelie OST) wow . My mp3 player is full of soundtracks. They're also my favourite (and only) pair for watching movies. The realism of the soundstage, and the feeling of "being there" makes them ideal for this sort of listening aswell as for classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back