Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,081 of 7,535
Congrats on your recent acquisition.  Any genres you find particularly enjoyable on the HD598?  Also, welcome to Head-Fi!  So sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,082 of 7,535

Quote:
Just a quick thank you to everybody in this thread. It helped me make my decision. I got my 598 last Saturday. And I have been enjoying it with my fiio e7 which a got last Wednesday. The E7 might not be the best dac/amp. But for now, comming from "nothing", it opens the soundstage so much that it will do the trick for a long time. (I hope)
biggrin.gif

Maybe no the best, but if the E17 is any indication, the E7 is still great for these :)  Welcome, and sorry about your wallet :)

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #1,083 of 7,535
Hey all, I'm new here (this is my first post), but I picked up the HD 598s and I love them so far. Unfortunately, I have no DAC or an amp to drive them, but it was suggested to me to pick up the Objective2 amplifier and the HRT Music Streamer II DAC since I expressed that I didn't want to pay more than $200 for each unit just yet, and I'm easing my way into the world of audiophiles. I plan to pick them up within the next few weeks and can't wait to hear the difference in sound once I do. I absolutely love these cans so far and am already excited to buy more lol.

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,085 of 7,535
I am thinking of buying a similar set up, HD598, E17/E9

I could not find a clear answer, can i hook up the E9 to an android phone?  If so, which connector, not sure if they make a micro USB connector to the phone.

My situation is i have a desk job, but i can not use the computer for the music.

thanks.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,086 of 7,535

Quote:
I am thinking of buying a similar set up, HD598, E17/E9

I could not find a clear answer, can i hook up the E9 to an android phone?  If so, which connector, not sure if they make a micro USB connector to the phone.

My situation is i have a desk job, but i can not use the computer for the music.

thanks.

Does your phone have a headphone jack?  If so, you connect this to your phone and in to the line in jack on the back of the E9.

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,087 of 7,535
I have a double mail 3.5 jack, just wasnt sure what the hook ups on the back of the E9 was, or if there is a usb connector between phone and E9.  There probably is not such a thing, but was curious.

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #1,088 of 7,535

Quote:
I have a double mail 3.5 jack, just wasnt sure what the hook ups on the back of the E9 was, or if there is a usb connector between phone and E9.  There probably is not such a thing, but was curious.

The usb input on the E9 is used only when connecting the E9 to a PC or laptop and only when the E7 or E17 is docked to it.

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,089 of 7,535
Got my HD598 two nights ago....I am seriously thinking of canceling my cable TV service. These cans are sweet. I am definitely a convert. I listen to mainly classical, jazz and acoustic folk from my iPod (high bit rate and uncompressed) and paired it with a E11. Amazing. I also have an E6 but it is nowhere near the E11. Thanks all...after reading this thread for months...you help make me a convert!

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,090 of 7,535
You're welcome!  Always happy to help lighten the wallet.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,092 of 7,535

From what I've been hearing the O2 is an amazing amp for the price. I'd like to hear how you feel about it and how it pairs with the 598. I'm seriously considering one for my desktop and then moving my big rig into the living room.

Quote:
Hey all, I'm new here (this is my first post), but I picked up the HD 598s and I love them so far. Unfortunately, I have no DAC or an amp to drive them, but it was suggested to me to pick up the Objective2 amplifier and the HRT Music Streamer II DAC since I expressed that I didn't want to pay more than $200 for each unit just yet, and I'm easing my way into the world of audiophiles. I plan to pick them up within the next few weeks and can't wait to hear the difference in sound once I do. I absolutely love these cans so far and am already excited to buy more lol.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #1,093 of 7,535
So I've done a lot of reading and have heard lots of positive things about these headphones, especially about the soundstage, and I'm way hyped on getting a pair of my own along with an e6 e11 to drive 'em. Couldn't even convince myself in doing the hd558 instead; I need these hd 598s.

Question about the price though:
I've seen so many good deals on these lately and can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet knowing that if I had a little patience I could of gotten them for a better price.

Does anyone know if I can get these for less than the atm standard of $249.95? Really bummed I missed out on the $175 amazon deal awhile back.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #1,095 of 7,535
Definitely wait it out. They hit 170 pretty often and even 155 at one point.

Quote:
So I've done a lot of reading and have heard lots of positive things about these headphones, especially about the soundstage, and I'm way hyped on getting a pair of my own along with an e6 to drive 'em. Couldn't even convince myself in doing the hd558 instead; I need these hd 598s.

Question about the price though:
I've seen so many good deals on these lately and can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet knowing that if I had a little patience I could of gotten them for a better price.

Does anyone know if I can get these for less than the atm standard of $249.95? Really bummed I missed out on the $175 amazon deal awhile back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back