Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,036 of 7,535
That's what i'm tryin' to do. But so far, the only Sennheiser Official Partner (service and importer) here in the country, is refusing me this "privilege".
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,039 of 7,535

Quote:
Guess what! Not only they don't want to replace my broken unit, they proposed instead to have only the broken parts replaced, and NO, NOT for free, for a 35 EURO + VAT charge. Likely shipping too. Should i say i also have 2 year valid warranty?

What do you think about that?
rolleyes.gif

Really?!  That's strange.  [b]Rosmadi [/b]the Sennheiser rep. here on Head-fi has always maintained that Sennheiser would replace any unit that developed cracks.  Hmm, try messaging him, he might be able to help you out.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #1,041 of 7,535
Digital-Pride i hope so.

GigaFi - No there's no serial number on the HD 598, i think only the flagship models have this.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #1,042 of 7,535
Quote:
as for the amp situation, i have no idea. i dont use an amp and they sound fine with with any quality recording as long as its 128kbps or above

Yeah mine sound grand too with a cheap amp/DAC. These headphones don't need an expensive amp to sound pleasant. Seconded on the metal point also, these have really grown on me for metal recordings (though I'm listening to nearly all classical these days). The bass isn't as intensive as with other headphones I own but it's gone from something I found a bit weak to something I find pleasing. I think it's just my ears adjusting to the sound signature and stopping expecting the HD25-II's extra bass push when I put on a song. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,043 of 7,535

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah mine sound grand too with a cheap amp/DAC. These headphones don't need an expensive amp to sound pleasant. Seconded on the metal point also, these have really grown on me for metal recordings (though I'm listening to nearly all classical these days). The bass isn't as intensive as with other headphones I own but it's gone from something I found a bit weak to something I find pleasing. I think it's just my ears adjusting to the sound signature and stopping expecting the HD25-II's extra bass push when I put on a song. 

Just out of curiousity, what kind metal bands do you listen to?

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,044 of 7,535
Hi guys,

We're currently looking into this matter.

@Headstar - I've sent you a PM and hope to be able to give you a response to this matter soon.

Quote:
Really?!  That's strange.  [b]Rosmadi [/b]the Sennheiser rep. here on Head-fi has always maintained that Sennheiser would replace any unit that developed cracks.  Hmm, try messaging him, he might be able to help you out.

Quote:
You're right, that's why i requested and official answer from Sennheiser. Now i'm waiting for their answer.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #1,045 of 7,535

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, what kind metal bands do you listen to?

Depending on you definition some of these might not be metal to you: 

Dream Theatre, Rage Against the Machine, Mastodon, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Machine Head, (a little) Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Cynic, System of a Down, Evergrey, Opeth, Circus Maximus, Into Eternity etc. I used to listen more broadly but I'm fairly restricted these days. Nothing that aggressive or fast really, a bit all over the place sub-genre wise and mostly fairly mainstream bands to be honest.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #1,046 of 7,535
The biggest one I'd argue there would have to be NIN. Clearly Industrial, but I suppose I could see why they'd be Metal. Genre definitions are stupid anyway.

Quote:

Dream Theatre, Rage Against the Machine, Mastodon, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Machine Head, (a little) Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Cynic, System of a Down, Evergrey, Opeth, Circus Maximus, Into Eternity etc. I used to listen more broadly but I'm fairly restricted these days. Nothing that aggressive or fast really, a bit all over the place sub-genre wise and mostly fairly mainstream bands to be honest.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #1,047 of 7,535

Quote:
The biggest one I'd argue there would have to be NIN. Clearly Industrial, but I suppose I could see why they'd be Metal. Genre definitions are stupid anyway.

Indeed.

Quote:

Wow, you listen to a lot of what I do. :D

And the HD 598 does most of these bands well?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #1,048 of 7,535
Yes it does. Then again...I think the 598 does most music generally well. I haven't found anything that I wouldn't at least say the 598 is 'good' for.

It feels a little slow sometimes for faster Metal, but I think it's fine for that stuff, too.

Quote:

And the HD 598 does most of these bands well?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #1,049 of 7,535

Quote:
Hi guys,

We're currently looking into this matter.

@Headstar - I've sent you a PM and hope to be able to give you a response to this matter soon.

Thanks Rosmadi.  We appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back