Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #786 of 7,535

Quote:
Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  I found it to be a great listen. 

Pink Floyd still sounds amazing compared to some of today's music. Can't wait to listen to it with the 598's. I'm assuming these cans are ideal for rock, which is a plus for me
dt880smile.png

Quote:
I always love listening to In Rainbows when I test drive a new pair of headphones. So ridiculously well produced.

Nice, I'll pick it up by the end of today!!!

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #787 of 7,535

Quote:
Still waiting for the arrival of my 598's. Is there a really good song or movie that i should listen to with these headphones first???

King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind. These sound great with softer prog, if you're into that.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #791 of 7,535

Allan Taylor - Colour to the Moon

Listening to this song on this cans made me buy them. Played this song to my wife on the headphones (as her first song) and she just looked at me like a scared child and said "Wow!".

INXS - Original Sin

Flogging Molly - Float

Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man and The Cave

Immediate Music - Prometheus Rising, Serenata Immortale, Oratio Sanctus, Fatum Plebis

Royksopp - You don't have a clue

Midnight Oil - River Runs Red

Kernfusion8 - Shake the Desease (Fragment Orbital Mix 2007)

Nightwish - Amaranth (Orchestral Version)

Clueso mit STUBA Philharmonie - Gewinner  (LIVE)

Seal - Love's Divine (Acoustic)

Any of these songs makes the HD598 shine exceptionally imho

Enjoy....

Quote:
Still waiting for the arrival of my 598's. Is there a really good song or movie that i should listen to with these headphones first???

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #793 of 7,535
Just got my 598's today, used them for a couple of hours and I have to say they are AMAZING!!!!!!! They sound great out of my laptop but when I hook it up to my stereo receiver they sound EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!! It's almost like Sennheiser created these headphones for me! everything I throw at them sounds great except bad recordings and low bitrate files. Will definitely get a Fiio E7 or something better. Hopefully they're even better with more burn-in time.
Quote:
Allan Taylor - Colour to the Moon

Listening to this song on this cans made me buy them. Played this song to my wife on the headphones (as her first song) and she just looked at me like a scared child and said "Wow!".

This song BLEW MY MIND!!! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate everyone's time and dedication to this thread. I LOVE HEAD-FI!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back