Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #3,181 of 7,535

The hissing I expected, tube amps are just noisier.

The thing with the microphonics is that some in the Vali thread have stated that just moving the headphone cable could cause them.  I'm gonna get a chance to hear the Vali for myself, so I can check it for myself. 

Its good to know it does seem to pair well though.

Maybe some units are more sensitive than others, but mine doesn't get microphonics without direct physical contact with the device. Some people have also complained that they get microphonics just by typing with their keyboard on the same table. Anyway, I'm sure both Magni and Vali will play well with the 598's.

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,182 of 7,535
I'm considering get a Magni/Modi stack for my HD598, anyone have experience with this combination?

And as an aside, the other day I was sitting, listening the my 598s. When I decide to stand up, I didn't realize I had stepped on he cable, and I pretty much ripped them right off my head. Doesn't look to have caused any damage (should I be worried?), but man that long cable seems to always get in the way lol. Never had this issue with the coiled cable on my MDR 7506.

I normally coil them around a structure and secure them with a twisty tie between me and the amp so to deal with the ridiculously long cable. (because my hands are not 3 meters long oddly)

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #3,183 of 7,535
I'm considering get a Magni/Modi stack for my HD598, anyone have experience with this combination?

And as an aside, the other day I was sitting, listening the my 598s. When I decide to stand up, I didn't realize I had stepped on he cable, and I pretty much ripped them right off my head. Doesn't look to have caused any damage (should I be worried?), but man that long cable seems to always get in the way lol. Never had this issue with the coiled cable on my MDR 7506.

Just to refer you back to one of my previous posts in this thread.  I too had issues with the length of the cable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541039/sennheiser-hd-598-appreciation-thread/2565#post_9652181

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #3,184 of 7,535
If you want to braid it yourself just take the cable, separate it into 3 portions, leave a tiny bit at both ends to leave unbraided and just go at it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/670454/pioneer-se-a1000-appreciation-club-sennheiser-hd-650-for-45/765 There's the tutorial I followed to get pretty much all my headphones done aha.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #3,185 of 7,535
  I like the bravo tube amp stated earlier. It helps to make the bass extension deeper and also helps to widen the soundstage with better sense of space and seperation and also makes the sound overall more organic and lively.

I have the Bravo Audio Ocean amp and can definitely confirm a more organic sound from it, with more presence in the bass. In fact, unamped from my Galaxy S4, there is noticeable less bass on the same tracks, yet it fills out when amped.  The same applies with me E11, except the E11 has a bit more definition than the Bravo.  The E11 is cleaner and more analytical, the Bravo warmer and more organic (it gels the musical strands together more than separates them.).  I love the 598s through both amps.  Please bear in mind that my comparison of the two is quite a subtle difference, it's not night and day by any means. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,186 of 7,535
I like the FiiO amp's synergy with the HD598s (has e10/e12).. I've heard them through a few AudioGDs (horrible horrible) and the Schiit MM's (great).. I like the warmth/bassiness of those little FiiO's. They bring out the bass and slightly subdue the mids. Which I think balances out what I want from the 598s perfectly for my own preference.

+1 on the e10.
I've said it here before but I have found the Fiio e10 Olympus to be a great match for the 598. I think the bass boost switched in is just right for them.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,187 of 7,535
Hi guys, i apologize if this i comment this here but i need your help, i read a lot of reviews and comments about this 2 cans but i cant make a choise to take one. I got the money to buy them i just wanna make a good choise.

I dont care about the mic in it, i just wanna the best foot steeping listening in it and Sound Quality but so much people say that HD 598 it the right choise and so much people say that PC 360 is the right choise too, you have the HD 598 headphones please help me to make the right choise for my money xd

Sorry for my bad english i come from to Venezuela, hello from here Amigos d:

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #3,188 of 7,535
I also hesitated a bit and ended up buying the hd598 :D Imho you can't be wrong withe either of them, just get the one that is cheaper or looks better for you (the HD598 might sound a tad better with music though).

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #3,189 of 7,535
Hey glaso thanks for replay, so both cans got the same level of "Steeps Listening"?, there no too much different for price range between them just 0.44cent from amazon xd, so what do you people think i should get?, i dont have the chance to proof them to make a choise so thats why i asking you like you going to buy it too as personal opinion <3

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #3,192 of 7,535
I'm not helpful, but either should sound fine in that aspect :p.
At this point it's down to design preferences and wheter the microphone brings any more more value for your money, not to mention there's a volume control built directly to the PC360. Keep in mind that both are open headsets however, they don't block any outside noise and people around you would hear the shooting and screaming.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #3,194 of 7,535
if your primary use is gaming yeah.. those extra features will come in handy.

if your primary use is music, the features are somewhat useless and the 598's are sexier. if that plays any role in your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back