Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #3,137 of 7,535
Dec 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #3,138 of 7,535
  Can make your own cable now: LINK

$15 each is a rip off! This type connector needs to be made of high quality plastic, so it doesn't melt when soldering too. These are likely a very cheap Chinese product of questionable materials. Even if it was teflon, $15 is way too much! It'd be cheaper to buy one of the ready made cables & remove the connectors if you want to use your own wire.
kev

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,139 of 7,535
  $15 each is a rip off! This type connector needs to be made of high quality plastic, so it doesn't melt when soldering too. These are likely a very cheap Chinese product of questionable materials. Even if it was teflon, $15 is way too much! It'd be cheaper to buy one of the ready made cables & remove the connectors if you want to use your own wire.
kev

Sure. Well either way I just thought Id post so that others at least know they are out there. They will drop in price soon. More will be made available.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,141 of 7,535
I feel $15 is a fair price. It is, after all, a specialty part. Anyone experienced with a soldering iron shouldn't have trouble. Proper technique shouldn't melt the plastic. I'll be ordering one.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,142 of 7,535
Hey guys!
I've got my 598's from a local official distributor last week, and they were awesome, until... Suddenly, they started playing both channels on both sides at the same time. E.g when I'm doing a left/right test I can hear every sound on every side. Anyone else had this problem? I'm "new" to the headphone world, and I'm not sure what might be causing it. Tried pluggin them into different sources - the same.

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #3,144 of 7,535
i need a headphone amp for my HD 598 i mostly use it for movies S1000ES bluray player with 7.1 surround sound headphone jack but the volume doesn't go high enough so i need an amp any recommendations?

I don't want to spend too much money maybe $100.00 it would be nice if the amp has equalizer settings so i can turn up the bass a bit also i listen to pop, rap,rock music 

thanks in advance 

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #3,145 of 7,535
Hey guys!
I've got my 598's from a local official distributor last week, and they were awesome, until... Suddenly, they started playing both channels on both sides at the same time. E.g when I'm doing a left/right test I can hear every sound on every side. Anyone else had this problem? I'm "new" to the headphone world, and I'm not sure what might be causing it. Tried pluggin them into different sources - the same.

did you check the plug where it goes into the phones ear cup?

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #3,147 of 7,535
i need a headphone amp for my HD 598 i mostly use it for movies S1000ES bluray player with 7.1 surround sound headphone jack but the volume doesn't go high enough so i need an amp any recommendations?

I don't want to spend too much money maybe $100.00 it would be nice if the amp has equalizer settings so i can turn up the bass a bit also i listen to pop, rap,rock music 

thanks in advance 

Please check out the Schiit Vali amp. It's $119, but sounds many, many times it's price. Many head-fi'ers agree. Sounds absolutely fantastic with the HD-598.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp

I recommend the Vali with the HD-598 whole heartedly.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,150 of 7,535
it is built into the blu ray player itself S1000ES

"7.1channel virtual headphone output

7.1channel virtual headphone output provides the ultimate personal entertainment experience, allowing you to enjoy your favorite Blu-ray Disc movie, DVD or CD through standard headphones with amazing 7.1 channel virtual surround sound.

Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby TrueHD
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back