Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,581 of 7,535
That is awesome! Tutorial? Hehehe:D

Is there possibility the cable would weaken and the core to break?

What is the current length, braided?

Yeah, it's great, glad you liked it. I took the idea from a youtube video where some guy braids his long Ultrasone cable. On the video, he shows how to set up the 3 strands in parallel then begins braiding. I couldn't do the braiding, so enlisted my girlfriend to do it. She said she may do a tutorial, but isn't dressed for it at the moment..

The cable currently measures about 142cm, which is about right. You could do it longer or shorter depending on where you start the braid.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #2,582 of 7,535
i have a few questions about my hd598's. i have had them for a litle over two weeks now and think they are pretty good. i love the trebel, the mids are fantastic and they have good, nutral bass. however i read many posts saying that they have never heard any silibance with these, a big reason for me getting them because that is the most annoying thing in audio for me and was the only reason i got rid of my klipsh iem's. with the 598's i hear it in over half of my tracks, flyleaf, lacuna coil, paramore, the cranberries, chlara c., queensrych, queen, the eagles ALL have silibance, it is not peircing or painfull but it is very apparent. could this be caused by haveing low quality sources? out of all of those the lowest bitrate is 192aac. and the rest is 240 and 320 mp3. also with some recordings they pick up feedback between 18k and 20k depending on the track and play it loud enough for it to get in the way of the song and after a minute somewhat painfull would lossless files make this more or less apparent?

I am hearing the same. Its not piercing as you said, just annoying on some tracks. Its really more like upper mid peak than sibilance.

Sweet. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my 598's.

I got the 598 earlier and the lcd 2 didn't wow me at first. It quickly grew on me though once i got proper amplification for it.

The senns are still my go-to cans for quick listening and gaming. Absolutely worth the price. :)

Same here. Its the sum of all its parts...beyond the sound, there are No skull crushing clamp and the velour pads don't get warm even after long sessions....well at least not as warm as the leather on the LCD2s.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #2,583 of 7,535
Yeah, I can understand why the LCDs would get a bit warm in the Manila temperature. What about vegan pads for the LCD 2?

i just noticedmyour location, so now I understand better why the 598s are more confortable to you. And yes no clamp, and they weigh next to nothing. :D

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #2,585 of 7,535
I took a chance.. I hope its there before I move abroad (italy what is excluded on a lot of ebay listings). And I didnt even buy my 598 yet. But the cable with the big plug was one thing holding me from buying it.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2,586 of 7,535
FINALLY! A reasonably priced higher quality replacement cable! And OF COURSE RIGHT after I bought the shorter Sennheiser one! LINK

I just ordered a 1.8m one. Ill post back when it gets here.

That looks nice! Please report back when you receive it - I would like to get one for my HD558.

EDIT: Never mind For $18 I ordered one too! Thanks for the link Ben! :D

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2,587 of 7,535
Quote:
FINALLY! A reasonably priced higher quality replacement cable! And OF COURSE RIGHT after I bought the shorter Sennheiser one! LINK

Thanks for sharing! I just ordered one and should expect to get it in the second half of august.
(i got the 1.2m version)

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,588 of 7,535
Quote:

How do you know it's higher quality?

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,590 of 7,535
Quote:
Dont. Just looks cooler. Which more often then not is all a "higher quality" cable offers.

Then why bother?

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,592 of 7,535
I still prefer my braided stock cable :) Admittedly, it doesn't have the 3.5mm termination..

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2,593 of 7,535
Jul 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #2,595 of 7,535
I need one anyway, so i don't have to lug around a wire coiler the size of a small soda can everywhere i go.
Will post impressions and comparisons when i get it though i am using a HD558 that is modded.

side note: the shure srh940 does not like the Sennheiser cable cause it sounded metallic and artificial when i used it.
I could not try the shure cable on the senns though because it can't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back