Sennheiser HD 580's v. HD 590's --HELP!
Nov 5, 2001 at 5:30 AM Post #31 of 35
as with prcatically everything, it's a matter of opinion. i think the 580's are good with rock. in the end i even prefer the 580's with rock over grados.

Nov 5, 2001 at 6:56 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

I also didn't like the sound. To me they sounded like $20 earbuds.

atw, I would venture the guess that this was because you didn't get a good seal. Without that seal, the Etys do indeed sound just like any other earbud
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 9:35 AM Post #33 of 35
Yup, the day I found that I could get
biggrin.gif
the seal
biggrin.gif
using the small tips on my brother's Sony EX70 I went and bought one myself
biggrin.gif
(Well it wasn't as straightforward as that, but that's what it boiled down to
biggrin.gif
)

Before that it was 'Gyah! They sound like c(*^%ap!'--big can owner 'Dude, you're using the wrong tips'--EX70 owner

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2001 at 3:35 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
as with prcatically everything, it's a matter of opinion. i think the 580's are good with rock. in the end i even prefer the 580's with rock over grados.

Werd. We all hear differently. Keep auditioning! Use our opinions for suggestions but not as absolute guidelines.

Nov 6, 2001 at 6:55 PM Post #35 of 35
The 580s are a better can than the usually more expensive 590s.

The 580 is very close to the 600 and for midrange a virtual tie. I would strongly recommend an dedicated amplifier. I was using my Arcam Integrated for about a month and then bought the MG Head. The noise(hum and Hiss) present with the Arcam is gone...bass is deeper, highs are smooth instead of gritty...and all wind instuments are finished with astounding detail.

Frankly, without a good dedicated amp there is really no point in buying the 580...you'll never hear 1/2 of what they are capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back