Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review
Oct 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #181 of 241
Just bought a 560 Ovation II that looks to be in great shape. Will post impressions when they arrive.

Pads look a little worn so I may need to replace those. Best place to buy replacement pads for such an old headphone?

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #184 of 241
Nov 6, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #185 of 241

Is there an easy way to clean this? The white fabric seems to be glued on so it may not be replaceable.

Before I break something, are the cables removable?

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #186 of 241
Yea mine had that too , it can be brushed off but it is a pain in the ass. If you buy replacement ear pads it comes with those for replacement too. But just keep at it. I know one thing , you DO NOT want to use them without those white pads, the treble becomes mind numbing without them in place.

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #187 of 241
Yea mine had that too , it can be brushed off but it is a pain in the ass. If you buy replacement ear pads it comes with those for replacement too. But just keep at it. I know one thing , you DO NOT want to use them without those white pads, the treble becomes mind numbing without them in place.

I'm buying some official replacement pads so I guess I'll be getting those white pad things too. Do I just rip off the old white cover pads? They seem glued down.

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #188 of 241

I'm buying some official replacement pads so I guess I'll be getting those white pad things too. Do I just rip off the old white cover pads? They seem glued down.

Any ideas?

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #189 of 241
Mine just pulled off with slight effort. Mine are originally bought 23 yrs ago or more so maybe the glue was barely doing anything , who knows. But it wasn't a big deal removing the white pads. I've actually now I think about it changed two different pairs of pads and white thing because I bought a friend a pair from ebay and had to replace pads too.

I'd guess I wait till the replacement comes, make sure they still coming with white pads too and then do what it takes to replace em, PULL PULL PULL with care.

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #190 of 241
Mine just pulled off with slight effort. Mine are originally bought 23 yrs ago or more so maybe the glue was barely doing anything , who knows. But it wasn't a big deal removing the white pads. I've actually now I think about it changed two different pairs of pads and white thing because I bought a friend a pair from ebay and had to replace pads too.

I'd guess I wait till the replacement comes, make sure they still coming with white pads too and then do what it takes to replace em, PULL PULL PULL with care.

Great, I appreciate the info!

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #191 of 241
anyone know how to release the front section with driver so as to gain access to behind the driver? it seems the white section stays with the black outer plastic section and it comes off as one? how is that pair released ? apparently they simply pull straight out? seems quite secure in my case and hard to get under....

anyone?
I made a little custom bent screwdriver to get under the edge and tried to lift it up and out but no success, either there is a trick involved or these are super tight. If I only knew it was a tight issue I could bare down more and try again but don't want to ruin.....

i need to get behind the driver to deal with a severe upper mid push./color. I think it can be modded to sound less peaky there if I can get inside!!

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #192 of 241
I also found the HD560 difficult to open as the fit is very secure. The black metal mesh on the back of the earcup needs to be pushed in in order to unclip the driver assembly. Try pushing on different areas of it. Some parts don't budge at first and you will dent the metal mesh if you're too forceful.

May 13, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #193 of 241
Someone ever saw an HD-560 like this ? With cable plugs insertion upside....

$_57.JPG

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #194 of 241
(Sorry for my english (my 3rd language))Finaly layed my hands on some good looking senns 560 ovation i, they sound really good but i hear sometimes some cracking sound (i think coming from the cable?). I think the previous owner changed some things vs the originals.(leather headstrap, cable?)

Anyone can confirm me the mods and the cracking sound?(cracking happens when i move my head a little, no cracking when i dont move)

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back