Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO?
Apr 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

AvidlyEclectic

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I guess the title summarizes my ordeal. Basically, These three are the only ones I can afford (they're discounted in a local headphones store, at anextremely low price) If anyone has both headphones to test, please do compare them.

Thanks!

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 16
Have you heard both? I'm more interested in their SQ. Build quality is not much of a concern (unless it's 'that' bad) because this will stay inside.

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 16
Any second thoughts guys? I'm a cash-strapped college student and this decision will probably make my last step into audiophilia till i graduate.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 16
Went with the superlux's guys. Pretty comfy and of average build quality. It sounds good even unamped from an ipad. I also did buy the Koss's and will be using them on the go. Thanks for the advices!

*I found the EVO's to have better sq than the clip-ons, but they are too big for moble use. However, they sound good straight from an ipod, and for mobile, these will suffice. :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 16
I have had the 681 EVOs for 6 months, and I really haven't had any issues with the build quality. I really don't know what these people are talking about.

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 16
Mine are holding up nicely at some number of months in. The polymer or ABS or whatever it is of which they are constructed is obviously adequate for my kind of use. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase. I've banged mine around a bit and they are fine. For what it's worth. One Evo user's experience. Evaluate it as you see fit...

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 16
My friend's Superlux became muted in the right channel after less than 2 months of use! To me it seems to be the case that with Chinese/Taiwanese hi-fi brands, what you get in sound quality, you lose in build quality. Same thing happened to my GR07. I liked them a lot, huge value for the price, but I don't think I will buy another pair again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back