Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Headband + Ear Cushions
Nov 8, 2002 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i was wondering if there are any mods i can do to my HD-280 Pros?

Also, if you are allowed to clean the hd 280 pros with water? the headphone band gets kinda smelly ::ewww:: after a while, i wanna take it off and like drench it in water or something...
Do the ear cushions come off? can i clean those too?

vandit

Nov 9, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 13
Don't know of any mods, but basically everything's replaceable, pads, headband, drivers, cable, so they all come off (and on again
biggrin.gif
) The headband secures with a ziplock type fastner. The pads just pull off. You gotta work'em a little to get them back on. As for cleaning, I guess a cloth, little soap & water should be fine. I wouldn't immerse them, but a careful cleaning should do it no harm. I'd of course avoid any caustic cleaners as they might damage the plastic. Good Luck & Enjoy !

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 13
Everything comes off and is washable to an extent - although some antibaterial wipes rubbed on the pads would probably be a safer proposition.

They're not leather so I don't think they absorb any moisture - so just cleaning up the outside should be fine.

Nov 10, 2002 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 13
Where can one get the DT250 pads, and do they make a difference on the Senn 280's I am ordering a pair today.

Nov 14, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 13
Well, I placed my order for HD280's today, I can't wait to get them. If anyone knows of any good replacement cables or cushions for this headphone let me know.b

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 13
Well the 280's have arrived and I am loving them already, now to break them in....

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #10 of 13
Sorry to bring this thing back from the dead, but can anyone confirm or deny what Gluegun said about the DT-250 earpads?

Was he mistakenly referring to their use on Sony headphones? Do they really fit?

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #12 of 13
I know this reply is to quite an old thread, but I found it when searching for HD280 Pro ear-pad replacements, so I thought I'd answer to help anyone else who stumbles across it.

YES! The DT250 ear-pads fit beautifully. The pair I ordered came with a foam/cloth pad to go between the headphones and ears, addressing a concern I saw in another post.

After wearing the HD280 Pros with the DT250 pads for a few hours now, I've found one draw back. The DT250 pads are thinner than the HD 280 pads so the speaker does touch my ear. I'm considering adding a layer of foam between the ear pads and the head-phones to give a bit more space, but I'm not yet sure it is worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back