Sennheiser HD 25-1 II versus AKG K-171 MKII
Jul 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jla

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Despite my previous thread, I've decided to buy supra-aural headphones to listen to music, play games and watch movies with.
I've come up with the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and AKG K-171 MKII. Sound isolation and durability are very important while maintaining a good sound quality.

I listen to house, techno, older electronic music like Jarre and Vangelis, trip-hop, jazz, classic rock, synthpop and reggae mostly. Then more rarely maybe a little metal and classical. The headphones will be amped, what do you think the better choice is?

I'm leaning towards the HD 25 because I think I can get a better deal used and replacement parts are easier to find. Thanks all.
I'm leaning towards the HD 25 because I think I can get a better deal used and replacement parts are easier to find. Thanks all.Hi,

Despite my previous thread, I've decided to buy supra-aural headphones to listen to music, play games and watch movies with.
I've come up with the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and AKG K-171 MKII. Sound isolation and durability are very important while maintaining a good sound quality.

I listen to house, techno, older electronic music like Jarre and Vangelis, trip-hop, jazz, classic rock, synthpop and reggae mostly. Then more rarely maybe a little metal and classical. The headphones will be amped, what do you think the better choice is?

I'm leaning towards the HD 25 because I think I can get a better deal used and replacement parts are easier to find. Thanks all.Hi,

I'm leaning towards the HD 25 because I think I can get a better deal used and replacement parts are easier to find. Thanks all.

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 3
i've only heard the akg's.  and they're not bad headphones.
but, from all i gather on head-fi, the hd25-1 II are better all 'round.
durability is great.  and even then, you have all replaceable parts.

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 3
I won't comment on the K171, but the HD25-I-II's sound signature is capable with house and electronic. Punchy and isolating enough. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back