Sennheiser HD 25-1 II or Audio-Technica ATH-M50S ?
Jul 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Metalon

New Head-Fier
I am going to buy one of them. To use with my samsung S2. But my most important question is; does any of them leak sound? Can anyone who owns one of them share any experience? If you turn them up to max, does the person next to you hear your music? And how much? Im going to use them alot on the bus, so it is important that i dont bother the people next to me. Thanks in advance for answers!

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I personally use a HD25-1 II, and it isolates sound quite well. I don't think you'll be bothering others too much on the bus when you turn up the volume, although I don't recommend turn it to the max because it can get very loud for on-ear use. If the volume is the max, it will leak a little bit of sound, but really not that much. Very good sounding, especially with the smaller footprint, it is the perfect headphone to use on the go.

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 4
I had both of these at the same time and I will say that the M50 was better in terms of isolation and leakage for me. But I am among the very few who think that the HD25 has bad isolation/leakage. SQ wise the HD25 is the better headphone and also the better option for a portable because they are much smaller. But they are also not that comfortable and they don't fold.

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 4
They both have excellent isolation and very low leakage. I find the ATH-M50 more comfortable since its over ear but actually prefer the HD25's sound signature more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back