Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Apr 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #91 of 128
Just control yourself and take a walk to enjoy the silence, the sound of daily life and prioritize what matters.

If you want to take a gamble every now and then just go with the flow, cautiously for money still holds value...

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #92 of 128
I came across a review from cnet uk on the HD25's and was baffled by their rating of 2 stars.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-adidas-originals-review-50002999/

Are they really that uncomfortable?

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #93 of 128

So true, if we studied the psychology of head-fiers I bet we'd find some fun similarities, mildly compulsive behaviors, etc.
Who else would obsess over cables and bits?
Maybe we need a head-fi anonymous discussion group.

o2smile.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #95 of 128
No it isnt, you can totally adjust the pressure by spliting the headband, and as for the clamp force, it wears out.

Quote:
I came across a review from cnet uk on the HD25's and was baffled by their rating of 2 stars.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-adidas-originals-review-50002999/

Are they really that uncomfortable?

oh god! what is that? 

and look at his conclusion:

Quote:

[size=2em] Conclusion[/size]

The Sennheiser HD 25-1-II Adidas Originals headphones offer great sound quality, but are heinous in every other respect. As such, we can't recommend them. If you can stretch to an extra £50, you'll be able to afford the shockingly beautiful and well-crafted Bowers & Wilkins P5s. If you can't afford those, check out the bass-heavy Monster Beats by Dr Dre Solos instead. They're available for around £150.
Edited by Charles Kloet 

blink.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #96 of 128
Jude has done it again! He is a superstar. Very cool stuff. I would like to get both since they will be around for a long time and I can buy each phone year by year.

May 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #97 of 128
Indeeeed! Very nice video/review.

May 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #98 of 128
I couldn't resist any longer: I ordered a pair of DT 1350's at Amazon Germany. My wallet thanks you for the videoreview, Jude. 
beyersmile.png

I will post some impressions next week.

May 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #101 of 128

Quote:
No it isnt, you can totally adjust the pressure by spliting the headband, and as for the clamp force, it wears out.

oh god! what is that? 

and look at his conclusion:

Quote:

[size=2em] Conclusion[/size]

The Sennheiser HD 25-1-II Adidas Originals headphones offer great sound quality, but are heinous in every other respect. As such, we can't recommend them. If you can stretch to an extra £50, you'll be able to afford the shockingly beautiful and well-crafted Bowers & Wilkins P5s. If you can't afford those, check out the bass-heavy Monster Beats by Dr Dre Solos instead. They're available for around £150.
Edited by Charles Kloet 

blink.gif

I've just read that review and it sounds fair, maybe a bit emphatic but the points are valid. Yes you can reduce the head clamp with use and stretch (utilising some chunky books) but should you have to? I realise that sound quality is paramount, but would would a little polish to the aesthetics hurt? Smooth those ruff edges? Use a material that is a little less plasticky? Further, I think £200 for the adidas version of those cans is ridiculous (I just ordered a pair of regular HD25-1-IIs for £140 for example, £60 difference?!).

I'd ask Sennheiser to release a more expensive aesthetically pleasing version but given that it's already £60 for a splash of blue, we'd be approaching colorware pricing for anything else :p

*EDIT* I do wish he hadn't mentioned the beats though... that really did throw away any credibility haha.

May 5, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #102 of 128
I've had my 1350s since last friday.
I bought mine from B&H Photo in nyc.
I discovered after opening the shipping box the beyer box was previously ripped open and the headphones had signs of use.
I called B&H to request a replacement pair, they were sold out and I settled for a $50 refund to my $305 shipped price.
Kind of a lackluster way to begin but my initial impressions of the cans are great, I love the sound, strong mid-bass and clear highs.
Still need plenty of breaking in.
However, they really are precise, they quickly made me realize that my rsa sr71b is out of balance and the right channel is clearer/louder than the left.
(I did double check the gain switch on back, both are set the same).
More impressions to follow after break in.

May 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #103 of 128
Haha i loved the end when you drooled all over yourself :)

May 22, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #105 of 128
Man, I just love the looks of the Adidas branded HD25s! I'm not really into the on-ear style though, but I will definitely consider those on my next headphone purchase (that will be a while from now). 
I had some advice though, Jude. When you're making a cut from one section of the video to another, try not to leave as much silence in between. Other than that, keep up the good work! :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back