Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Apr 25, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #76 of 128
Much obliged!

Quote:
a) The silver parts are made of metal. The black ones are made of plastic. I suspect the meshed plate of the earcups to be made of magnesium alloy. Oh, and the T50p were in metal too (in fact there is more metal in the T50p as they have relatively less plastic parts).
b) Jude said they change quite a bit depending on position. Though with my experience with the T50p it has much less to do with actual positionning than with "seal". You have to think about those as quasi IEMs : a good seal is needed to get the sound right. Otherwise they'll sound shrill. When you move them around, there will be a sweet spot when they suddenly come to life, and that's because of the seal. BUT I've increased the "hit rate" by simply bending dramaticlly the T50p headband to increase pressure. Now it never bothers me and I always get a good seal. I read somewhere that the DT 1350 might come with a higher pressure headband out of the factory, but you can bend it further as you wish.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #78 of 128
I hope the positioning is not as finicky as with the T50p. I'll find out soon enough, as I have a pair on order from Amazon. With the T50p, the combination of touchy fit, and loose clamping force meant I couldn't maintain seal without holding them in place- so they were a no-go for me. From what I've read Beyerdynamic has resolved much of this. Owners who have used both say the pads have more of a flat profile which helps, and the tighter clamping force addresses the seal. Hopefully with the improved ease of placement through flatter pads, and tighter clamping, I'll be able to achieve good placement and seal more easily with these. I'll see in about two days.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #79 of 128
Hate to tell y'all, but I just ordered the last DT1350 on Amazon.  Looks like my ATH-ESW9 may soon be retired.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #80 of 128
Hmm, Long & McQuade (Canadian music store) has the DT1350 listed on their site. That's pretty fast considering we're usually behind for new gear. Guess Beyer is really pushing into the pro/dj market.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #82 of 128

Quote:
I just had to order the Senn HD 25's Adidas version, found them cheap aswell @ 179€ in Finland.

That's very cheap for the Adidas in EU at the moment, congrats!
I've got better experience with HD-25 then with T50p, although I could love both for what they do.

I'm sure I'll get my head in between a pair of 1350's in the future, but I'll wait for some time, read some reviews head-fiers will make. After a while, I'll see them coming at the FS section
wink_face.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #83 of 128
Do the "adidas" use the steel or copper cable? Amusingly enough stock HD 25-1 retail at circa £120-£125, whereas the "adidas" retail at £200 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Also on the question of female vocals where would head-fiers rank the two? Bearing in mind my only comparator is the nice forward mids of the ESW9. Thanks

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #84 of 128

Quote:
That's very cheap for the Adidas in EU at the moment, congrats!
I've got better experience with HD-25 then with T50p, although I could love both for what they do.

I'm sure I'll get my head in between a pair of 1350's in the future, but I'll wait for some time, read some reviews head-fiers will make. After a while, I'll see them coming at the FS section
wink_face.gif

http://www.popot.fi/index.php?c=8&g=m&product=null#

Check Brands, adidas. Should be last page.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #86 of 128

Quote:
http://www.popot.fi/index.php?c=8&g=m&product=null#

Check Brands, adidas. Should be last page.

I see, yes, great price for those interested

I already have HD-25's (normal black ones, with velour pads), very happy with them for on the go purposes. I personally don't care about the blue looks. But thanks for the link:)

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #87 of 128
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80 headphones. How do the Senn HD 25 ii compare in comfort and seal to full size headphones? Any portable headphones that compare in comfort and noise isolation to the DT770?

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #88 of 128

Quote:
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80 headphones. How do the Senn HD 25 ii compare in comfort and seal to full size headphones? Any portable headphones that compare in comfort and noise isolation to the DT770?

I own both. Never a-b compared the isolation (both isolate pretty good), but my guess would be that HD-25 could isolate a bit more, but not sure of that.
DT770 is way more comfortable; HD-25's has significally more clamping force and is not circumaural but on ear.

But I see HD-25 as a portable can, for on the go usage. DT770 is full size, is used in my case only for drumming on my electric kit.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #90 of 128
Doesn't that suck when you just have to have it? ....and it causes you to order anywhere, with expedited shipping? Not wallet friendly.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back