Sennheiser HD 215 Review
Sep 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #31 of 81
Dec 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #34 of 81
Unfortunately, I haven't heard an HD 449... what genres do you listen to, mainly?

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #36 of 81
Hi  bowei006

I have some question of sennheiser HD 439 and 449..
I saw a thread of you and i've some question of that : http://www.head-fi.org/t/640595/sennheiser-hd-439-vs-hd-449#post_9284591

did you rich to sutable answer ?!!?

plz tell me why you didn't bought a 439 or 449.....did they have serious problem or not?!?!

TNX

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #38 of 81
I want it just for Electronic music and maybe pop or Rap........is it good for this type of music....!?!?

and how you know whats music or whats type of music good for it?!?! is it have a range of sensitivity or other thing?!?!

tnQ

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #39 of 81
I want it just for Electronic music and maybe pop or Rap........is it good for this type of music....!?!?

and how you know whats music or whats type of music good for it?!?! is it have a range of sensitivity or other thing?!?!

tnQ
Sennheiser 400 series and these were not too good for pop or edm

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #41 of 81
Quote:
i didn't think headphones could actually sound better then HD215's :)
yes i love my 215's.

has anyone owned 215 and 215-ll ? is there any difference?

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

I looked over the internet. But I couldn't find a HD 215-II. The video of unboxing the HD 215-II was identical to what was inside my own HD 215. The outside look is the same as well. Any other searchings for it don't give any results.

I do not think there is a real HD 215 II

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #43 of 81
Quote:
its actually printed on the HD215 box here in New Zealand.
i would imagine its just a re-release of the same headphone.
thanks!

Weird, Googling it didn't really turn up anything. New Zealand speaks English of course so its not Google not finding the right words or what not.

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #44 of 81
These headphones are amazing. The clarity of sound and the response to input is just impossible. These headphones do sub bass very, extremely well. The only thing is you need to supply a lot of power to bass. Here is crazy setup I use for EDM (e.g. Paul Oakenfold). Note that I would never use such crazy setup for any other music genre (maybe it's also good for metal, haven't tried yet).

Here is the setup (keep in ming it's crazy an has not much to do with flat or pure)

Laptop -> TOSLINK -> NAD T744 -> PMA500AE -> HD215

NAD set to no effects and no tone, and Denon (that's going to be good one) I set Loudness ON and Bass to MAX, Treble to mid. Listening to Paul Oackenfold, and the experience is exactly as I were there - LIVE screw EVENT!!!! Sub bass is so powerful. These headphones can do as much bass as much current you can provide. I right now feel like I had two sub-woofers attached to my ears. Brain is cooking!

Denon is set to 9o'clock and NAD to -8dB

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #45 of 81
Quote:
These headphones are amazing. The clarity of sound and the response to input is just impossible. These headphones do sub bass very, extremely well. The only thing is you need to supply a lot of power to bass. Here is crazy setup I use for EDM (e.g. Paul Oakenfold). Note that I would never use such crazy setup for any other music genre (maybe it's also good for metal, haven't tried yet).

Here is the setup (keep in ming it's crazy an has not much to do with flat or pure)

Laptop -> TOSLINK -> NAD T744 -> PMA500AE -> HD215

NAD set to no effects and no tone, and Denon (that's going to be good one) I set Loudness ON and Bass to MAX, Treble to mid. Listening to Paul Oackenfold, and the experience is exactly as I were there - LIVE screw EVENT!!!! Sub bass is so powerful. These headphones can do as much bass as much current you can provide. I right now feel like I had two sub-woofers attached to my ears. Brain is cooking!

Denon is set to 9o'clock and NAD to -8dB

thanks, i actually am quite happy with them mostly on my PC with a Creative Audigy 2 ZS and i need to lower the bass, compared to my HD438's which had quite poor bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back