Sennheiser HD 203 vs HD 212!!!
Jul 17, 2012 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shalamar

New Head-Fier
Hello friends,

i really wanted to buy the hd 212 headphone after having heard a lot of good things about it.I found a secondhand one for 40 $ on the net.
But recently I heard about the HD 203, a lot of people said that the sound is very close to the HD212.Moreover The HD 203 is less expensive, i found a new one for 26$ ! So I  hesitate....

Is anyone has tried those 2 headphones? Which one is better?

thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

jack

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Never heard the HD 212. I picked up a pair at BB today just to see how the budget Sennheiser is worth any...First impression via Iphone 4, Ipod touch 4G,  the HD 203 is not bad at all for its low price except the bass is boomy and not good with soft music. AC/DC, CCR are quite good with heavy bass but not muddy the midrange and the treble.

The Samsung Tab 2 7" is as usual , very weak in power and not suitable for the HD 203 even with its 114db and 32ohm. Definitely, the Samsung needs help with an external amp to sound any good,

Via my Sony Viao laptop and the Fiio E6, the HD 203 is kicking ass. Rock and Roll is damned good. Dynamic and lively. I like them a lot for what it is , a low budget cans that can kick some bad ass heavy rock music playback.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 5
I used to own the HD203. It is...competent. You might like to look at some Superlux headphones as well, they do very well in the <$60 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back