Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #1,382 of 1,519
Any update on this? How is the 7.1 experience ?

there's a serious difference between USB hi-speed 2.0 and full speed 2.0, you can always buy the more expensive isolator ( costs like 60 euros more ) if you need more bandwidth and/or power, the 7.1 signal test works fine in windows for what it's worth, I do not have much time these days to game but if there is a problem with the surround and/or anything else I will report back asap !!

FYI I had background noises last year with sensitive headphones and no amp at all, a pair of kingston Revolvers was outputing funny noises from time to time even @ 30% main volume, many apartments here in Greece are still in 2phase electricity grid so there.

May 2, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #1,383 of 1,519
Any update on this? How is the 7.1 experience ?

I managed to get some playtime during the Easter, Insurgency Sandstorm - WW3 PTE ( BF4 done right, the potential is there ! ) - Tannenberg, the 7.1 experience on my K601s was very convincing ( used extensively the x-fi cmss3d headphone DSP + DH + SBX surround in the past years )

my settings : 7.1 neutral EQ and Confined Space/One '+' symbol as suggested by MLE in his epic guide, no problems hearing footsteps behind my head and/or shooting people through walls hehe :D

stereo playback is also pretty good btw - minus the weak output @ 80% volume.
I do most of my music listening through TIDAL these days, when using the phone app in the LG V30 ( very good mobile source with hardware MQA decoding ) there is very little audible difference between my PC and the smartphone as long the fidelizer software is enabled ( free version - "consumer" preset )

haven't done a direct A/B comparison yet, but when something sounds off / not as good as it used to, it really bothers me :)

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #1,384 of 1,519
I managed to get some playtime during the Easter, Insurgency Sandstorm - WW3 PTE ( BF4 done right, the potential is there ! ) - Tannenberg, the 7.1 experience on my K601s was very convincing ( used extensively the x-fi cmss3d headphone DSP + DH + SBX surround in the past years )

my settings : 7.1 neutral EQ and Confined Space/One '+' symbol as suggested by MLE in his epic guide, no problems hearing footsteps behind my head and/or shooting people through walls hehe :D

stereo playback is also pretty good btw - minus the weak output @ 80% volume.
I do most of my music listening through TIDAL these days, when using the phone app in the LG V30 ( very good mobile source with hardware MQA decoding ) there is very little audible difference between my PC and the smartphone as long the fidelizer software is enabled ( free version - "consumer" preset )

haven't done a direct A/B comparison yet, but when something sounds off / not as good as it used to, it really bothers me :)
The K601 needs some more amplification, you might want to double amp the GSX headphone amp. Makes sense also for gaming.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #1,388 of 1,519
Has anyone paired the GSX 1000 with the JDS Atom or an O2? I would love to know if scales well with quality amplification.

I did, used an O2 worked fine, volume way better for gaming.

Jul 26, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,389 of 1,519
Has anyone paired the GSX 1000 with the JDS Atom or an O2? I would love to know if scales well with quality amplification.
I drive my Sennheiser GSP500 direct from my GSX1000. But when I want to use my HD659 or HD800 for gaming I double amp using my Sennheiser HDVA 600 headphone amp. It works fine.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,391 of 1,519
hello i need help is it worth to buy this amp 1200 pro i already own gsp 600 is it worth to buy it for the gsp 600? and when i get it higher vol is there a distortion?

ty!
Me and my gaming buddy both own the GSX1000 or GSX1200. The amp is fine for a lot of things and you will not hear distortion before your ears pass out.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,393 of 1,519
i wonder if it worth it becuse i saw many ppl who recomnded gsp 600+ AMP so idk. also i really dont know about the distortion becuse i dont have the amp to check it out with the gsp600

I have the GSX-1000 and I find it unique and irreplaceable because of the option to hear my voice when chatting in game. This is vastly superior to the option in Windows which has a slight delay. Also, no distortion.

I use it with the Game Zero.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #1,394 of 1,519
I have the GSX-1000 and I find it unique and irreplaceable because of the option to hear my voice when chatting in game. This is vastly superior to the option in Windows which has a slight delay. Also, no distortion.

I use it with the Game Zero.

is it really helpfull with close acoustic ?

and no distortion when the vol is 100%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back