Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #346 of 461
Quote:
The more I hear reactions, the more this smacks me of the IE8/80... That would be a nice balance to the HD600. 

Having only text and not sound to base my assumption on, I totally agree with you about the IE8 comparison. It would be a nice balance to the Apple DDIEMs :wink:

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #347 of 461
Quote:
If you've heard The XX, their voices are very clear and the guitar shines through without drowning anything out. Pseudo-acoustic. It's great. The slight warmth of the Momentums gives it a lot of life.

This is sounding all very interesting--Thanks for the additional thoughts.  I've not heard the XX, but was pleased to learn that you find the Momentum to be clear and acoustic(-ish) guitars to sound good.  That is seemingly promising for opera vocals... I hope the warmth translates well to orchestral works.    

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #348 of 461
These Momentums sound really promissing for me so far, seems to have the FR balance I'm looking for. :) This will be so difficult to choose in the end when all contenders are released. ^^

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #349 of 461
My out of box impressions:

I don't think they are nearly as bassy as people are making them out to be.

They're pretty tiny, but in a good way. I agree about the ear cups being a tad small, but they feel great.

Overall Im digging them. They looks really nice in person and they're pretty balanced. I'd say they actually sound relatively similar to my HD598s.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #351 of 461
Quote:
I'd say they actually sound relatively similar to my HD598s.

As a 598 owner I find this statement interesting. I guess the bass won't be too bloated as I had feared per Jude's review since I find the bass on the 598 pretty light and just shy of neutral. I placed my order from RazorDog last Thursday and won't have mine until Friday. Did you do express shipping?

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #352 of 461
As a 598 owner I find this statement interesting. I guess the bass won't be too bloated as I had feared per Jude's review since I find the bass on the 598 pretty light and just shy of neutral. I placed my order from RazorDog last Thursday and won't have mine until Friday. Did you do express shipping?

I ordered last Thursday free ups ground and got them today. It's 2 day transit from RDD to my house so it was pretty quick.

I'm loving them though. They're definitely throaty/punchy in bass but nowhere near bloated or bleeding. I think they're pretty laid back, very balanced.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #353 of 461
Was burning them in all day long. Got 10 hours in :D they sound as good as I remember from yesterday, if not better. I've only been listening for 5 minutes! But I'm sure I will have more updates later. I'll be playing Borderlands 2 all night long, interested to see if I can keep these guys on for 5 hours straight.

--
To be honest, these really don't fit me that well. I have to angle them weirdly on my ears and it's hit or miss whether my ears start to hurt after a few minutes.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #355 of 461
Ended up putting on my DT880s for BL2. I just wanted something comfortable. I'll have to play around with the earcups of the Momentums... maybe I can put something in them to stretch them out. Not quite sure what that would be. I just want my ears to fit in them :frowning2:

Shame on Sennheiser for calling them circumaural, though.

--
Sidenote: My ear twitches when it gets pressure put on it in awkward/uncomfortable ways. Happens if I lay on my pillow strangely, or if the pillow is too hard. Happens on my ass when I sit on my wallet all day long too. I wouldn't mind the weird fit of these so much (over the tops of my ears but on top of my earlobes) if they didn't make my ears twitch.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #357 of 461
Quote:
Man... Wish they didn't cost so much.

If they didn't cost so much I might be willing to forgive the size, but no one EVER mentioned that they were smaller than they looked, and jude said nothing other than "they're really comfortable". I realize if they were bigger they would look bulky like a lot of headphones, but seriously, these were made for people with small ears and big wallets. :frowning2: And my ears are not large, as far as I'm concerned. Right in the middle.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #359 of 461
How are they hurting your ears? Is it like the discomfort felt when wearing Grados for a long time, where it hurts the tragus and antitragus, or is the discomfort more along the helix?  

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #360 of 461
Quote:
How are they hurting your ears? Is it like the discomfort felt when wearing Grados for a long time, where it hurts the tragus and antitragus, or is the discomfort more along the helix?  

I find it to be more along the triangular fossa and the helix. That's what makes my ear twitch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back