Sennheiser CX300 ii vs Bose IE 2 vs JVC FX3 vs Jays a-jays
Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maxpirsky

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while and found a lot of useful information about earphones around here, so I decided to register and approach you guys personally with a dilemma I'm having about buying a set of in-ear headphones.

Up until now, I've had numerous headphones (below 100$), but I've never actually loved any of them. I currently own an AKG Q350 - which I find okay, but uncomfortable for long listening times. I also have the Sennheiser CX 200 that I personally hate - their sound is super flat, dull, with irritating background noise - just a bad headphone, from my experience. Except for these, I own some skullcandys and apple earpods.

I mainly listen to Hip hop and Dubstep, but also like a variety of rock, indy, and some strange stuff like Alt-j and the sorts. The headphones will be mainly used outside while commuting, doing sports, etc.

So after long hours of looking around, I've narrowed the list down to the following four sets (also based on availability in my area):

Sennheiser CX 300 II - I've read A LOT of good reviews, but I know that Sennheisers generally lack bass. I just don't want them to sound anything like the CX 200 that I already have and dislike.

Bose IE 2 - I've read both bad and good reviews, I don't really care so much about isolation, but rather comfort and sound clarity with a good amount of bass.

JVC FX3 - From what I've read and heard, these are packing hefty amounts of bass with good overall sound.

Jays a-jays - Also seen some good stuff written about these here and there.

I'd love it if you guys can share your opinions and help me make the best decision about buying my next pair of headphones!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back