Sennheiser CX271 - Anyone used them?
May 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BoosLee

New Head-Fier
I'm kinda keen on a pair of these - http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX271-In-Ear-Headphones--Red, they look fantastic, in my opinion. Great price for me as well, after some searching around on Australian sites they retail for about AUD$65-80, this site, with free international shipping it only comes around to AUD$37, which is fantastic.

The thing is I've tried to dig up reviews, but I've found absolutely nothing, I only get copious amounts of results for prices on google, no reviews. Hell, not even ebay has any results. The earbud version, the MX471 has a couple of results, with generally good reviews.

I'm no audiophile, I'm sure these will do me just fine if people say they're decent enough. So has anyone used these and thought they were ok?

May 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 10
They do look nice actually. I've never heard them but coming from sennheiser I can't imagine them as awful for the price as they strike as being a fairly new design. I say go for it, then post the first review on this board! I wouldn't go by the review of the mx471 but at that price you can't go far wrong.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 10
I don't think anyone's tried them yet, or at least they haven't shared their thoughts.  I do know that jant71 owns the CX281 but I'm unsure of the relationship between the CX271 and CX281 as far as sound is concerned.  You can see his initial impressions in my review thread of the CX280.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 10
I bought the cx271 in June and have been using them in Egypt over the Summer. I have to say I quite like them, well, what's not to like, they look good, i didn't pay much, they still work and they sound better than cheap senn's of yesteryear. As for how they compare to their relations i have no idea.

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 10
I had purchased this CX271 only yesterday. I only get to test it out just today and I would say it sound pretty decent. I think I need a little more time to get use to it.

I was using EP630 all this while. Making comparison, both sounded different. I find this EP630 sounded better in general. Also it is more comfortable to use for long listening. Anyway, I would give some time for this new introduction and hope I like it eventually.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 10
I love these.  I have very small ears and these are the first that fit without a problem and the sound is great.  I use them with my iPod shuffle to work out and the sound is steady and the buds stay in.  I highly recommend.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 10
I lost my Sennheiser cx300ii on my way to Taiwan from England. On arrival I tried to replace them but the only viable alternative was the untried cx271 headphones, so i bought them. The sound doesn't have much depth to it and is relatively tinny to what I am accustomed to. They are aesthetically pleasing and are definitely built to last, strong wire etc but this adds to the weight. They do not kick out enough bass for me, and given the option I would side on the cx300ii as they give you more bang for your buck as americans say. cx271's look good, but when compared to the cx300ii they are heavy, with lightweight sound and inferior in every way... I would not recommend them as a purchase given the options out there and would even state that the aesthetically pleasing design is to compensate for the headphones lack of performance... like having a super hot girlfriend with huge breasts and a sweet ass, but is thick as sh!t and crap in bed.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
like having a super hot girlfriend with huge breasts and a sweet ass, but is thick as sh!t and crap in bed.

Just logged in to comment it 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back