Sennheiser CX150/CX200 Differences?
Oct 26, 2012 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

willyk

Head-Fier
A while back, I got great advice here that led me to buying Shure SE215's. Love them! But, I don't want to wear them when trail running, gym, doing yard work, etc. For me, they are for more focused listening sessions.  Once I get them on, I don't want to take them off!

So when my cheapo earbuds recently died, I bought a pair of Senn CS150's at Amazon for $17.  I gotta say, I have been blown-away by them.  I find them very comfortable and while the audio response seems a bit bass heavy, they are still fun to use.  So, I keep them at work 'cause I can put them on/take them off much quicker than the Shure's, which works as I am often interruppted.  Wanting to buy another pair exclusively for tossing in my gym bag, I saw the CX200's at Amazon for $14, and I thought that was a great price, and hoped that they will be similiar, if not better than the 150's I use at work.

Anyone here with experience with the CX 150's and 200's?  Are they basically the same 'buds?

Thanks!
-wk 

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 4
A good cheap IEM for gym use is the JVC Riptidz. It is listed as being sweat resistant. Don't let the $6 price fool you. It sounds quite good.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Man, just got the CX200's from Amazon and they sound like CRAP!  Nowhere near my CX150's or other inexpensive earbuds for that matter.

I wonder if these are a knock-off of real Senns?

Returning them now.  Considering buying another set of 150s.  They kick serious ass for the price.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Just got these today. I stumbled across them at school.
I have to say i haven't seen the bassy side of these yet, at least the sub bass. Nice for a good pair of iem's though :p
EDIT- After a little more listening, i definately heard it. If i can make some comments on them though, the bass is not tight at all, muddy almost, and the sound stage seems really fake and unnatural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back