Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Feb 23, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #152 of 554
Nice steal! I'm jealous
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #154 of 554
I was just saying that since the superfi 3 are 80 dollars shipped, and these iems are 60 dollars, then thats not a big price difference. well thnx for the heads up on the ebay info

Feb 23, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #155 of 554
I received my pair yesterday. I plugged them straight into my PPX3 and was disappointed. I left them playing overnight and it sounded much better in the morning. I like them more than the EX71s and E2Cs. I've got a little more than 24 hours on them now and they sound pretty nice for the price. My only gripe with it is the somewhat flimsy/cheap cord. Hopefully they will stand the test of time.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #157 of 554
got my cx300's late last night. to set things straight, i got my superfi3's(retail $100) for $10, and the cx300's @ $40 seem to kick their ass in terms of bass.
cx300's also did seem to clean up some of the screeching highs that the superfi3's were giving me.
im so glad the superfi3's didnt kill my wallet otherwise id be returning them immediately.

i really hate you guys for such awesome reviews and getting me to spend so much more money on audio
580smile.gif

when these pairs break, ill probably invest in some cans.

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #158 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockblockonlock
got my cx300's late last night. to set things straight, i got my superfi3's(retail $100) for $10, and the cx300's @ $40 seem to kick their ass in terms of bass.
cx300's also did seem to clean up some of the screeching highs that the superfi3's were giving me.
im so glad the superfi3's didnt kill my wallet otherwise id be returning them immediately.

i really hate you guys for such awesome reviews and getting me to spend so much more money on audio
580smile.gif

when these pairs break, ill probably invest in some cans.

Where did you get the Super.fi's for $10?!?
eek.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #159 of 554
I had a dell concession coupon for $90 and bought them at retail which was like $99 i believe.
Sorry about the confusion. I just wanted to show how disappointed i was with them, when i only paid $10. Now im wondering if i shouldve jumped on the superfi5pro's or the 5eb's for $100 more...

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #160 of 554
I would like to complement my original review in this thread with a few observations after two-weeks of usage.
  1. Wow! Just damn wow! These IEMs rock! Really, it's the first time I notice gradually the "burn in" effect. Within days the CX300 sounded even better.
  2. The sound-staging these ear-canal phones produce is truly amazing. It's made my commute a more enjoyable experience.
  3. The definition is so good I have noticed MP3 compression issues with low quality MP3 files that I couldn't tell with the EX71. The CX300 run circles around the EX71, seriously.
  4. The use of the CX-300 prompted me to re-listen again to bands I did not check out for years. I'm rediscovering old bands and enjoying them all over again. This hasn't happened to me since I bought my HD-590. Seriously.
  5. The only negative thing that I have noticed over the last two weeks is the cable. While it's very light and doesn't produce the gravity pull-down that the EX71 made, they are a bit too rubbery, and can be difficult to keep down when you are wearing heavy winter clothes.
I found that wearing the CX-300 like you would other monitors (cable behind the neck, looping over the ears) solves this problem and get the cable out of your face.

Overall, I am one HAPPY CAMPER. This was a great purchase and I'm loving these headphones a bit more each day, as I rediscover my music collection. A huge bargain for the sound quality they produce, just like the PX-100 (even though they have distinctive sound; the PX-100 is open, airy and supra-aural.)

After two weeks of usage, I once again have to recommend these amazing IEMs.
etysmile.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #162 of 554
I got them a couple days ago... bass is very good, on par with output with the EX51s but much higher quality. Midrange is not recessed at all.

The only complaint I can have is that on cymbals and whatnot, the highs come out being slightly sibilant/screechy. I wouldn't say they hurt but they definately aren't smooth on the cymbals and such. But then again I listen to the SuperFi.5Pro for comparison so there is no way the Senn's can touch them in this element.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #163 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseguy
Too bad the $40 deal is over although they do have them for $54 at Amazon/Office depot store.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...978523-6737657

I wanted to get the UE 3's but this seems like a better deal and coming from the Sony EX line, I'll be used to the fit.

Amazon's price has been fluctuating pretty regularly. If you wait a few days the price may drop again.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #165 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Amazon's price has been fluctuating pretty regularly. If you wait a few days the price may drop again.

Cool guys, thanks.
biggrin.gif

Since you guys mentioned that I decided to wait and see what happens.
If anybody sees them for $40 and happens to notice, please post it here, I'll do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back