Sennheiser Amperiors?
May 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #931 of 1,022
Yeah, just get the amperiors, you don't even need an amp for them.

These things are really awesome all across the frequency range and don't get strident UNLESS you turn up the volume way too much. For reference, I listen to them just a little above "half the volume" in my iPhone 5.

May 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #933 of 1,022
Quote:
Will the amperior satisfy for bassy music? Does it have more or less bass then the Vmoda M80?

I  think it's all about if the music is focused on bass or not (forget it for techno, drum & bass....).
If the main interest of the music is bass, it sucks, but if no, it's ok.
EDIT: I just find the bass too monotonous, but it doesn't bother with "regular" music .

May 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #934 of 1,022
Will the amperior satisfy for bassy music? Does it have more or less bass then the Vmoda M80?

I find Amperiors very good for EDM, and dance music in general. Hip-Hop / R&B not so much. Bass is strong but mid-bass focused.

I find the v-modas better for sub-bass oriented music.

May 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #935 of 1,022
I find Amperiors very good for EDM, and dance music in general. Hip-Hop / R&B not so much. Bass is strong but mid-bass focused.

How about the mid-bass quantity. Which has more bass body?

May 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #936 of 1,022
Quote:
How about the mid-bass quantity. Which has more bass body?

Amperiors definitely have the upper hand in mid-bass quantity. 

I'd say the amperiors have more body, but the v-modas have more depth.

May 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #937 of 1,022
Quote:
Amperiors definitely have the upper hand in mid-bass quantity. 

I'd say the amperiors have more body, but the v-modas have more depth.

I've also had both and agree with this.  I personally find the M80's to be less fatiguing and a bit more laid back, hits deeper/heavier but slower, which is more for my genre of music (RnB and hiphop), but the Amperiors were definitely much punchy/energetic and would probably be much more suited for rock or edm.

May 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #938 of 1,022
BREAKING NEWS..............

I hear the Amperior has been discontinued, and a new model is due in a few weeks

hp - Sennheiser  UK

ps sorry that someone beat me to it...........in February!

May 21, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #941 of 1,022
Quote:
The product life of the Amperiors was pretty short in the big picture.  I'm guessing the Momentums have crowded the arena a bit too much? 

Competition with the hd25. With Sennheiser representative saying they were trying to reproduce the same sound signature of hd25, it was not very compelling to spend 100$ more for the amperior.
Add to this that the hd25 II 1 are not exactly high fidelity,  the amperior  were insanely priced in comparison (well, when I look now at amazon, the price are  better).

May 21, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #942 of 1,022
Out in a few weeks , hoping to get a pair soon for review, Sennheiser need a DT1350 killer !
I had heard the same thing, except that any replacement has been put on hold indefinitely...

May 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #943 of 1,022
Quote:

Elektrospeed, would you elaborate on why the strong bass of the Amperior is not suitable for hip-hop music?

I was under the impression that the punchiness of the Amperior would be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back