Sennheiser Amperiors?
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #916 of 1,022
I'm listening 95% trance music and looking for new portable headphone. I've just sold my akg k181 dj due to it's harsh and too agressive trebles for EDM. Somebody says on amperior sennheiser fixed this sibiliance issue which is on HD25. Do you think amperior is suitable headphone for me? Thanks for answers in advance.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #917 of 1,022
Quote:
I'm listening 95% trance music and looking for new portable headphone. I've just sold my akg k181 dj due to it's harsh and too agressive trebles for EDM. Somebody says on amperior sennheiser fixed this sibiliance issue which is on HD25. Do you think amperior is suitable headphone for me? Thanks for answers in advance.

The Amperior is still a relatively bright headphone. Luckily they do well with a little eq to bring the bass forward. I think they're the best portable headphone I've had so far for all genres, including EDM

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #918 of 1,022
Quote:

I like to think I have a pretty good ear and can't say they are any less bright. I love them for trance as they sound great stock and can take EQ well.

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #919 of 1,022
Quote:
Sombody now why Sennheiser remove from sale the Amperior Blue??? 
All Stors when i call them to ask if they have Amperior blue the said that they will no longer produce them, and only silver will be sold:frowning2::frowning2:
sory for my English......

If you go to Sennheiser's web site they mark Amperior as new product.  However when  you view the page for Amperior, on the bullet points they mark as discontinued product.  I fined this surprising since I think they've been in market little over a year.  So I guess if you are thinking about picking up a pair, you better do it fast.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #920 of 1,022
Quote:
I'm answering having owned the Amperiors only for about a month.

1. I'm not sure where you live, but you should check out this site as well, as they sell the Amperiors at $170:
http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

Use coupon: FACEBOOK for 5% off.  Not much but it's something.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #922 of 1,022
Quote:
All Stors when i call them to ask if they have Amperior blue the said that they will no longer produce them, and only silver will be sold:frowning2::frowning2:

What store?  It is possible that that retailer is just going to stop carrying that color.  

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #923 of 1,022
Quote:

I think that since most people want the blue version , the store have now a big stock of silver version they are trying to sell.
So until all silver version are sold, they don't have a blue stock.
Side note:  I wish sennheiser would sell a blue version of the hd800, just like the amperior.

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #925 of 1,022
well they show discontinued  in the US website, but not the for Germany

US:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dj-headphone-over-ear-amperior-stereo

Germany:
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/dj-headphone-over-ear-amperior-stereo

May 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #928 of 1,022
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and interested in buying some Sennheiser HD 25's or Amperiors. I'm a little torn on whether or not to get the HD 25-C's or spend an extra 80 dollars to get the amperiors. I listen to mainly electronic music (house/trance/techno etc) and also DJ occasionally. I'd be planning to use the headphones as my headphones for my laptop and occasionally my ipod as well. I can get the HD 25-C's with a fiio E11 for the same price as amperiors. What would be a more logical decision for me? Thanks!

May 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #929 of 1,022
Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and interested in buying some Sennheiser HD 25's or Amperiors. I'm a little torn on whether or not to get the HD 25-C's or spend an extra 80 dollars to get the amperiors. I listen to mainly electronic music (house/trance/techno etc) and also DJ occasionally. I'd be planning to use the headphones as my headphones for my laptop and occasionally my ipod as well. I can get the HD 25-C's with a fiio E11 for the same price as amperiors. What would be a more logical decision for me? Thanks!

From what I  see the fiio E11, is just amp. It's better to buy an all in one solution i.e dac + amp.
If the signal of your laptop is crappy, there's no benefit from amplifying.
Additionally the hd25/ amperior are not so revealing/ detailed, so the source wouldn't be my first worry.
Get the amperior, and if you are not satisfied ....
get an other headphone.

May 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #930 of 1,022
Just get the Amperior. I will say to my ears while the Amperior has more clarity over the HD25, everything is a little more forward and aggressive. Bass is punchier, mids are more forward and detaied, highs are less peaky though. TBH I think you should get the Amperior and not worry to much about getting an amp. Saving up for a good amp/DAC sounds like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back