Sennheiser Amperiors?
Jun 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #511 of 1,022
Quote:

Thanks for your honest comment. I felt the same way as you when I auditioned the Amperior but am confused by all the other reviews I read online.

I know that it was hard to lay hold of a pair of Amperior until recently but whoever that managed to do so claimed that it sounded superior and justified the $150 price increment over the HD25 II. It is an opinion that I beg to differ. If the price increment is for the revised outward appearance design fee and the aluminum material used, then maybe that I would agree.

I had the same experience. I went by the Apple store about two weeks ago to listen to the Amperior. I brought my old HD25-II's along to A/B them to see if it was worth an upgrade. The Amperior did sound a bit more refined to my ears but it really wasn't worth an extra 150 EUR over the regular HD25-1-II to me. 

The aluminum looks very nice though, and whatever you may think of the price it definitely is a very good sounding headphone and if the price difference was smaller I'd choose them over the regular HD25-II in a heartbeat . I just hope the price will drop a bit when it becomes available outside the Apple store. In the meantime, I went with the DT-1350's, really enjoying them!

Quite enjoyed the salespersons reaction when I took out my amp btw 
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #512 of 1,022
Do you think the Amperior is a better sounding class phone or lesser sounding class phone the the K550?

I think anyone who does not prefer a bass heavy phone would find the k550 preferable purely in terms of sound. The it can sound a tad thin at times but the instrument separation, and sound staging, and detail are all extremely good for a closed headphone. I I just wish thy had put a tighter clamping headband on them.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #513 of 1,022
The cable on these is ridiculously thin. Nice that it's detachable and all but it looks like durability will be an issue, especially in an urban public transportation environment.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #515 of 1,022
Quote:
I think anyone who does not prefer a bass heavy phone would find the k550 preferable purely in terms of sound. The it can sound a tad thin at times but the instrument separation, and sound staging, and detail are all extremely good for a closed headphone. I I just wish thy had put a tighter clamping headband on them.

Quote:
I think the K550 sounds great but it is not in the same class as the Amperior. The K550 is anything but portable.

I agree with your point that the K550 isn't portable and the Amperior is specifically designed as a portable.

Jun 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #516 of 1,022
Quote:

I went with the DT-1350's, really enjoying them!

tongue.gif

lol, it's always fun to see people react to our gear...always good for a laugh :)

Congrats on the 1350s! 

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #519 of 1,022
Hi, recently I got T50P. I hate it so much the sound is muffled and so picky, some tracks are good others sucks.

Anyways, I decided to get new cans. What would you recommend for me 1350 or Amperior? 

What DAC/Amp that would be a great with 1350 or Amperior?

I am so confused about amps, do they improve bass only or the whole sound?

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #520 of 1,022
Quote:

I had the same experience. I went by the Apple store about two weeks ago to listen to the Amperior. I brought my old HD25-II's along to A/B them to see if it was worth an upgrade. The Amperior did sound a bit more refined to my ears but it really wasn't worth an extra 150 EUR over the regular HD25-1-II to me. 

The aluminum looks very nice though, and whatever you may think of the price it definitely is a very good sounding headphone and if the price difference was smaller I'd choose them over the regular HD25-II in a heartbeat . I just hope the price will drop a bit when it becomes available outside the Apple store. In the meantime, I went with the DT-1350's, really enjoying them!

tongue.gif

Hi, recently I got T50P. I hate it so much the sound is muffled and so picky, some tracks are good others sucks.

Anyways, I decided to get new cans. What would you recommend for me 1350 or Amperior? 

What DAC/Amp that would be a great with 1350 or Amperior?

I am so confused about amps, do they improve bass only or the whole sound?

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #521 of 1,022
Everything I'd read had said the Amperior has a copper cable not the steel that the HD25 has.

Well then, if it breaks then you may want the durability of the 25's cord or the thick coating of the 650's. If it actually is steel though, I wouldn't worry. I pick my phone and amp off the ground (Droid x2 and fiio e11) with no worries of the cord.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #522 of 1,022
Guys I am so so confused!!!

Please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxjXvQOHFg

Sennheiser's representative clearly stated "the goal for our team was to have an exact sound as HD25"

SO ARE THEY THE SAME OR WHAT??? Should I believe the story about Aluminum cans?

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #524 of 1,022
Quote:
Guys I am so so confused!!!

Please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxjXvQOHFg

Sennheiser's representative clearly stated "the goal for our team was to have an exact sound as HD25"

SO ARE THEY THE SAME OR WHAT??? Should I believe the story about Aluminum cans?

I'm sure there are small sonic difference between the hd25 & amperior (intended or not) , but I'm sure it's not worth the 150$ price difference.
Get the amperior, if you are excited to get "metal cups"
rolleyes.gif
, ipod volume control (more a con, than a pro for me), and better comfort.
I  don't find the regular hd25 exciting,  so the amperior even less .
I just keep an eye on this thread, because I was first intrigued by all the raving they got, especially from Tyll.

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #525 of 1,022
Quote:

I'm sure there are small sonic difference between the hd25 & amperior (intended or not) , but I'm sure it's not worth the 150$ price difference.
Get the amperior, if you are excited to get "metal cups"
rolleyes.gif
, ipod volume control (more a con, than a pro for me), and better comfort.
I  don't find the regular hd25 exciting,  so the amperior even less .
I just keep an eye on this thread, because I was first intrigued by all the raving they got, especially from Tyll.

So if you don't like both (amperior and hd25), what portable cans do u like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back