Sennheiser Amperiors?
Jun 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #466 of 1,022
Quote:

Switch regularly with other headphone,  and you'll have no doubts regarding the sound quality .

What's the point if  you are unsatisfied by the sound.

I disagree. Sound is extremely subjective and what you like I may not.

That is a valid point however on the flip side it doesn't matter how good a pair of cans sounds if I can't stand to wear them on my head now does it?

The simple fact I'm trying to convey is that there is more to the value of a pair of headphones than simply how good they sound. (However that is the most important part) Other aspects such as comfort, durability, etc are all important.

As far as durability and comfort go I'd give the Amperiors an A rating. As far as audio quality goes I like their signature more than any other pair of Supraaurals I have listened to. (However I did find them a little more bass heavy than I'd prefer in a perfect world) Whether they are worth the price is a decision each person has to make.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #469 of 1,022
The new hd700 is said also to be very comfy, however their sound quality is debated.
It seems that the amperior will have less difficulties to win some popularity.
Even if the improvement in sound is controverted, I'm sure lot of people would be happy with a more comfy version of the hd25.

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #470 of 1,022
Not me. Quite happy with my HD25s and their pleather pads (prefer them over cloth actually) over a $150 premium that would be much wisely spent elsewhere. Just my opinion. I probably would've been all over these and if they actually upgraded the 20+ year old drivers.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #474 of 1,022
Quote:

Also, I A/B'd them today and can't tell them apart- EXACT same sound signature and range.

So we can finally say that Tyll from innerfidelity was victim of placebo. ?
I imagine that with their lower impedance that the amperior are louder, and this could trick you and let you think that  it sounds better.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #476 of 1,022
Quote:
So we can finally say that Tyll from innerfidelity was victim of placebo. ?
I imagine that with their lower impedance that the amperior are louder, and this could trick you and let you think that  it sounds better.

I can understand how this can happen.  The Amperiors just feel so much more substantial and look amazing.  The blue aluminum cups really look great, but to my ears, they are the same headphone.  Of course, Tyll has a little more training and experience than I.  I wanted to like them more just because they look so good.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #477 of 1,022
Well we shouldn't forget that Tyll may have had an unfinished model and between then and release, they could have changed their sound to be more of an HD25 sounding can. But who knows, for all we know, they could have given Tyll a better model to review. There is so many variables, I doubt we will ever truly know.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #480 of 1,022
Quote:
The Amperior shares similar sound characteristics with the HD25, so if you consider the HD25 mids to be recessed, then you would likely consider the Amperior's recessed as well.

The pair I tried is the original black HD25 version - mids are recessed compared to the HD800 and other balanced headphones. Tyll seem to rave over them as if they are a substantial upgrade over the HD25 and I wonder if he's just excited over a new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back